collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The sense is in the sound, not the explanation. This music doesn't have any rules - John Miller

Author Topic: Adventures in Vestapol  (Read 21939 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Adventures in Vestapol
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2017, 04:51:11 PM »
Hi all,
It has been a while since this thread hast been posted to, and I've found a number of other songs played out of Vestapol.  Fred McDowell played "I'm Goin' Over The Hill" out of Vestapol, for his duet performance with Annie McDowell.  Jessie Mae Hemphill played in Vestapol quite a lot, and she played each of the following tunes out of Vestapol:
   * Eagle Bird
   * Go Back To Your Used To Be
   * All Night Boogie
   * You Can Talk About Me
For anyone interested in figuring out songs by ear, I would recommend the Jessie Mae Hemphill songs because her left hand parts tended to be very minimalistic, most often free-handed with no chordal positions and very easy to hear, play and find.  The songs I've cited are all available on youtube, too.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:06:26 PM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »
Hi all,
I'm moving all of the "Adventures in . . ." threads over to the Licks and Lessons board since they pertain strictly to guitar playing.
All best,
Johnm

Offline --art

• Howdy!
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2019, 03:13:38 PM »
Never heard of vestapol before today. Got here trying to figure the tuning for Lesley Riddle's "John Henry". Seems to be vestapol tuning in C. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal