collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I ain't no bottle stopper, ain't no police copper, I ain't no cradle rocker, you know I ain't the baby's papa - Funny Papa Smith, Hoppin' Toad Frog

Author Topic: Euroweenie 2010  (Read 22697 times)

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
Re: Euroweenie 2010
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2010, 11:28:55 AM »
Marvellous- thanks Mr Cat.  Particularly like Scratchy's monster 12 string and the banjo >:D

My one there is Jailhouse Blues by that well known bluesman "Trad."  My version is an evolution of Chris Smither's arrangement of Lightning Hopkins' arrangement.  Played about 30% too fast on hearing it back!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:30:41 AM by Norfolk Slim »

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2010, 12:19:47 AM »
Excellent work Mr Marshcat, at this rate by the time you have finished posting my efforts will be redundant   ;D
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2010, 09:13:36 AM »
There's plenty left for you, Richard!

Here's Ramblin' Prof. Scratchy with 'Back Gnawing Blues', played, I think, on Lewy's 1933 Style 0.

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »
Ain't that something!

Offline Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2010, 02:15:51 AM »
Cue Blueshome - Busy Bootin' !

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »
Finally, I have had some time to devote to getting the sound clips of the great event sorted. I should say don't expect a fully editied clip, 'cause they ain't other than removing the general noise from intros and outros it's as from the recorder. You may need to tweak the gain to get a bit more out them, a graphic equaliser would be ideal.

Then, having done that I thought how the hell am I going to offer them, since getting anything on my own site has become problematical. However, young Bluehome has ridden to the resue on his faithful triplate and kindly offered to post the clips on his site so they can be downloaded from there. Remember that some of this will be duplicated with the tracks that Marshcat has kindly posted as well  :)

Enjoy  :P

Offline harvey

• Howdy!
« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2010, 07:51:43 AM »
I finally found some time to post !
I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and looking forward to future events.
I got to play some great guitars and meet so many knowledgeable people it made me realise how much i have to learn.
Simon ? you have been far to generous to me .. but thanks anyway, I will return to complement and echo The Profs. statement that you improve year on year.
Johnm ? thanks for your comment on playing out, it was my first time, was going to say my last because I am no singer and the words just would not come out  ... I thoroughly enjoyed the playing though so I may give it another go soon.
Thanks to Richard and Phil for organising; the hotel was pretty good, food is not going to win any Michelin stars but was okay and the fact we had a dedicated room where we could leave the guitars was great.

Other Highlights :
Meeting everyone.
Some local ladies turning up during Bob?s performance (Can?t remember the song but it was about some women with mange) they left before the end of the song, you can?t write this stuff.
Sitting through yet another meal with Richard listening to his well observed anthropology
Thanks again all

Offline bob long

• Bob Long
« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2010, 08:02:17 AM »
The song about the woman with mange was an unissued Tommy Johnson recording called Boogaloosa Woman. (Boogaloosa is a small town in Louisiana). Yes, I thought the swift exit was funny too  >:D

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »
The song about the woman with mange was an unissued Tommy Johnson recording called Boogaloosa Woman. (Boogaloosa is a small town in Louisiana). Yes, I thought the swift exit was funny too  >:D
If memory serves correct it first saw the light of day on a 1988 Document LP Delta Blues Vol.1  along with two other previously unissued TJs?causing apoplexy among the collector fraternity.

Later Edit: Silly me, all the details of the LP are given here http://www.wirz.de/music/johntfrm.htm More unissued Paramount tests than you could ever imagine on one compilation.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:15:40 AM by Bunker Hill »

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »
I've now managed to upload the bulk of Richard's recordings (109mb) to my public folder. I'll PM details to attendees, if other weenies are interested then PM me and I'll share the link and password.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2010, 02:39:42 PM »
I meant to say thanks for doing that earlier but got waylaid or something!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal