collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Well you is one black rat, someday I'll find your trail. Yes I'll hide my shoe somewhere near your shirt tail - Memphis Minnie Lawlers, & Ernest Lawlers, You Is One Black Rat

Author Topic: Bob McLeod's Lyric Transcription books.  (Read 1365 times)

Offline LeftyStrat

Bob McLeod's Lyric Transcription books.
« on: August 07, 2010, 11:28:22 AM »
Hello all,

I was looking through some old Emails and such when I found a copy of an Email that I wrote to Mr. McLeod years ago inquiring as to the price of his lyric transcription books.   I had just started getting heavy into Charlie Patton (and as a result, the blues of his time as a genre), but the problem was: I was a college student , and as you can likely guess, most often than not, I was broke. Unfortunately, I never got 'round to placing an order.

What's even more unfortunate is that I find out from reading here one day that Mr. McLeod has passed on. I'm wondering, though, if copies of his transcriptions might still be available for sale, or did they pass into the next world with him.

If still available, I might be interested in picking up some of them now that I finally have the money to do so after all these years.
Stop by and give a listen! :)

http://www.facebook.com/leftystratblues

Offline Bunker Hill

Re: Bob McLeod's Lyric Transcription books.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 12:36:31 PM »

What's even more unfortunate is that I find out from reading here one day that Mr. McLeod has passed on. I'm wondering, though, if copies of his transcriptions might still be available for sale, or did they pass into the next world with him.
Good question. I'll try to find out. Trouble is I think they were only available directly from him, i.e. not retailed, but there's always WeeniePedias lyric transcriptions which have grown to about 800 or so which Bob McC had input to.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 01:03:26 PM »
IIRC, Document had them for sale at their site a couple of years back, so it might be worth an e-mail.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »
IIRC, Document had them for sale at their site a couple of years back, so it might be worth an e-mail.
Makes sense, they would be the obvious outlet.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 04:54:45 PM »
Yes, I got all except for maybe the last one about 4 years ago (over a span of about 3 years) from Document. I happened to check the Document site a few days ago and could find no reference to the transcription volumes. Still would be worth an email query.

Wax.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal