collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Not much difference between the blues and church songs but the words. The blues is a natural feeling and a true feeling. The blues is the truth, you hear them singing that 'you done broke my heart' and this and that - that's the naked truth - Pop Staples, Chicago Tribune article

Author Topic: This Old Hammer now available at bandcamp.com  (Read 368 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
This Old Hammer now available at bandcamp.com
« on: February 14, 2023, 02:39:12 PM »
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that my CD, "This Old Hammer" is now available at bandcamp.com. It is all original or original arrangements of Country Blues. You can purchase the CD either in a digital format or a physical copy. Here is a link to it: https://johnmillerguitar.bandcamp.com/album/this-old-hammer-2 . I will be entering all of the other CDs I'm on there in the next couple of days. I should say, too, that if you opt for a digital version of it, bandcamp allows you to choose what kind of sound file you want. Thanks for your time, and I hope you'll enjoy the music.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:57:19 PM by Johnm »

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: "This Old Hammer" now available at bandcamp.com
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 09:39:10 PM »
Hi John:

When I've purchased physical CDs through Bandcamp, the digital files have been available for download as well and not limited to a single format, so I've been able to download the albums in WAV, FLAC, AAC, MP3, etc. I prefer CDs, but some albums are only released in digital format. I don't know if this is true for all CDs or if it's up to the individual artist or band, but it's been true for every CD I've purchased via Bandcamp.

Offline joe paul

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 07:45:48 AM »
That's great John, I hope Bandcamp works well for you.
Will the two albums with Orville Johnson and Grant Dermody be available on CD again too?

Gordon

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 09:49:30 AM »
Hi Gordon,
I just uploaded the first Johnson, Miller & Dermody CD, "Deceiving Blues", which will only be available as a download, since we're out of the CDs. I will upload the second CD, "We Heard The Voice Of A Porkchop" later today, and it will be available both as a download and a physical CD.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Forgetful Jones

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 03:20:13 PM »
Hi JohnM-
I promise I'll get to the rest of the album, but right now I'm stuck on This Old Hammer (the track). It's beautiful. I've repeated it 4 times now.
Cheers!

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: This Old Hammer now available at bandcamp.com
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 04:06:57 PM »
Thanks for the good words, Forgetful Jones!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:25:47 PM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 01:37:05 PM »
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that I've uploaded the rest of the CDs that I'm on that I will be selling through bandcamp. The url for my music page is: https://johnmillerguitar.bandcamp.com/ , and I hope you'll take a look. In addition to "This Old Hammer", I also have a solo recording of Jazz Standards, "Hey There", three duo CDs with the great mandolinist, John Reischman, two recordings of the Country Blues trio, Johnson, Miller & Dermody, with Orville Johnson and Grant Dermody, a duo CD with the tremendous fiddler, Ruthie Dornfeld, an American/Finnish quartet, Freshet, a Brazilian trio, Zumbido, a duo album of Jazz Standards and Brazilian tunes with vocalist Ginny Snowe, and a trio, Catwalk, with violinist Paul Elliott and mandolinist Tom Moran. All the products are available as downloads, and all but Johnson, Miller & Dermody's "Deceiving Blues" and "Catwalk" are available as physical CDs, too.

At bandcamp, you can always listen to tunes before deciding to purchase them, and you can buy entire albums or individual tracks. As Stuart noted earlier in this thread, if you buy a physical CD, you get the downloadable version at no extra cost. And bandcamp puts your downloads in whatever file format you want them in. I hope you'll visit my music page, and maybe something there will strike your fancy. I hope so, and thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:56:19 PM by Johnm »

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 09:04:59 AM »
Nice, I'll check out those records.

Tags: John Miller 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal