collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I've been sick with the flu, then I had pneumonia on both sides... that was two weeks before Christmas, but now, all the blues I've been playin', think I'll give y'all a couple of church numbers. I ain't never through with the blues yet, but you know, I gotta get well first before I play too many blues. Church songs now, cause, you know, I might die... - Furry Lewis, 1969, from Fourth & Beale, Lucky Seven CD9202

Author Topic: Willie Mae Williams - Where the sun never goes down  (Read 806 times)

Offline Oscar Wolf

Willie Mae Williams - Where the sun never goes down
« on: December 01, 2016, 01:47:45 PM »
Hey Folks!

I love this song from Willie Mae Williams, maybe it's too obvious for others but I would like to be sure that I'm gettin' the lyrics right, Thanks in advance!

Where the sun don't never goes down, Where the sun don't never goes down
Well I promise the lord I will meet him somewhere, where the sun don't never goes down

(Instrumental)

Where the sun don't never goes down, goes down, Where the sun don't never goes down
Well I promise mighty mother I will meet her somewhere, where the sun don't never goes down

"I got lost, once over there"?, over there, "I got lost, once over there"?
Well I promise the lord I will meet him somewhere, where the sun don't never goes down

Where the sun don't never goes down, Where the sun don't never goes down

(Intrumental)

Offline David Kaatz

Re: Willie Mae Williams - Where the sun never goes down
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 05:03:24 PM »
It's nice when you provide a link to the song. I find it on youtube.

I'm not sure she ever sings "goes down" she might be singng just "go down"

I'm pretty sure the second verse, second line, is
Well I promise my dear mother ....

Dave

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal