collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I always say everybody can play it, but do they feel it? - Jimmy Dawkins

Author Topic: A Few Words of Appreciation for Members of This Forum  (Read 541 times)

Offline jasobr

• Howdy!
A Few Words of Appreciation for Members of This Forum
« on: October 19, 2022, 07:15:30 AM »
I want to thank the members of this community for your sharing of research, dedication to accuracy, welcoming vibe, and overall goodheartedness and generosity. Having edited music magazines for most of my life, I appreciate the insight and care that have gone into many of your posts.

The information you publish has, once again, been especially beneficial as I research and write the ongoing “Let It Roll! The Essential Blues Sessions” feature articles for Living Blues magazine. Some recent examples where your research has played an essential role: Blind Willie McTell’s L.O.C. session in Atlanta, Blind Boy Fuller and Blind Gary Davis’ ARC session in NYC, and the upcoming article on Mance Lipscomb’s first recording session. The info you’ve posted on these guitarists’ tunings, playing positions, and lyrics is blues research gold. I’m sure that other authors who write about the blues feel the same way about the insights you provide. You have made weeniecampbell.com the world’s best online source of blues info -- bravo!

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Re: A Few Words of Appreciation for Members of This Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 09:57:11 AM »
Thanks Jas, much appreciated!
Chris

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 11:00:24 AM »
Yes, thanks, Jas, for the good words. And credit where it is due: banjochris personally figured out and posted all of the information pertaining to playing positions and keys for both the Willie McTell Library of Congress recordings (as well as the rest of Willie McTell's recorded repertoire) and Mance Lipscomb's first session (and other recordings).
All best,
Johnm

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 03:28:16 PM »
Thanks John! There was a lot of community contribution too on that McTell stuff (I'm especially grateful to Frankie for figuring out McTell's octave 2nd string in the first place on those later ones!).
Chris

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 07:25:06 AM »
Some recent examples where your research has played an essential role: Blind Willie McTell’s L.O.C. session in Atlanta, Blind Boy Fuller and Blind Gary Davis’ ARC session in NYC, and the upcoming article on Mance Lipscomb’s first recording session.

Hi Jas, look forward to the Lipscomb article. I figured it would be in issue #281. Will it be in issue #282?

We just did some lyrics from Mance's first session;

https://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=658.msg114051#msg114051

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 05:48:59 AM »
The Lipscomb article (Let it roll, The essential blues sessions) is indeed in issue #282.
Weenie Campbell and Chris Berry in particular are mentioned for their contributions.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal