Country Blues > Country Blues Lyrics

Lyric transcription requests

<< < (5/6) > >>

Johnm:
Hi all,
If you're planning on posting a video with some song lyrics that you're transcribing or have questions about, a word to the wise: I found that a number of videos I posted to the Bo Carter thread from "novonine", concluded before the end of the song, added two-three minutes of silence to the end of the video, and in one instance, edited the video so that the verses were out of order from how they were actually recorded. I've checked all the videos in that thread by novonine to make sure they are they right length, at least, but I've not listened to all of them. I will replace them wherever possible, and I'd say the channel is to be avoided, if you want to be sure that the video you're linking to accurately captures the song you're transcribing. EDITED TO ADD: I was able to replace all of the novonine videos in the Bo Carter thread. 
I also would recommend avoiding videos by Ragtime Dorian Henry, almost all of which have been "re-mastered" and have phony-sounding reverb added.
all best,
Johnm 

alyoung:
Many -- maybe all -- of Ragtime DH's tracks also play at altered pitch.

Johnm:
You're right, Al--I suspect that is part of what he considers "re-mastering".

David Kaatz:

--- Quote from: Johnm on July 30, 2020, 12:17:18 PM ---Hi all,

I also would recommend avoiding videos by Ragtime Dorian Henry, almost all of which have been "re-mastered" and have phony-sounding reverb added.
all best,
Johnm

--- End quote ---
It's really sad, because RDH has a made a great collection of tunes available. I'll try to remember to avoid his stuff.

Dave

Johnm:
I know what you mean, Dave. I realized that if I'm going to name youtube posters to avoid, I should probably also give positive reviews to posters who do a great job. I've never had any problems with videos from the following youtube posters:
   * Traveler Into The Blue
   * randomandrare
   * Edith de Ronde
   * Stefan Wirz
   * BBYMRLCCOTN (for Old-Time)
   * sam collins

I'm sure there are some other good channels, but I've found the ones named above to be consistently good.

All best,
Johnm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version