Country Blues > EuroWeenie

Ari Eisinger at the Stamford Guitar Festival

(1/4) > >>

Johnm:
Hi all,
Those of you in England or France may wish to make your way to the Stamford Guitar Festival this week-end or next, because Ari Eisinger will be making his first appearance in England at that event.  I realize it is kind of weak to promote an event when you are not sure of the dates, but I am sure the Festival falls one of these first couple week-ends in June, and it should be fairly easy to find out the correct dates.

For those of you who are not familiar with Ari's music, he is a superlative player and singer of the Country Blues, with an uncanny ability to do spot-on versions of the music of many of the most challenging musicians in the Country Blues genre:  Blind Blake, Blind Lemon, Lonnie Johnson, Scrapper Blackwell and others.  The instructional videos he did for Stefan Grossman's Guitar Workshop on Blind Lemon and Blind Boy Fuller set the bar very high in terms of clarity of instruction and accuracy of the transcriptions.  Ari will be returning to England to teach at this Summer's European Blues Association Blues Week, August 14-19, but if you can make it, you will not want to miss seeing him at Stamford.  I feel secure in predicting that if you see him play, you'll come away saying, "Why isn't this guy famous?".  And if you love Blind Blake, you really must not miss Ari--he's the best I have ever seen at playing Blind Blake's style and material.
All best,
Johnm

Slack:
Thanks for the heads up on Ari at the Stamford and I'll strongly second John's recommendation to go hear Ari -- he is worth going well out of your way to hear.  He also likes Thai food - so take him out to eat and you will be exposed to some of the driest humor around - and that is saying something in the UK.  ;)

Johnm, we must get that computer of yours upgraded so you can see the forums side columns.  The Stamford Guitar festival is listed as an event and currently showing under "Dates to Note" on the front page... the festival is June 10-12.

Cheers,
slack

uncle bud:
He likes to try all world cuisine. Feed him something British.  >:D

Only Blake himself is better at playing Blake than Ari, most definitely.

edited to add: I notice checking the calendar there is the possibility of workshops as well.

"Weekend acoustic guitar festival in Stamford Arts Centre, UK.

Evening concerts and daytime workshops, trade presence.

A variety of styles represented this year, featuring Ari Eisinger, Jan Akkerman, Lollo Meier, Johnny Dickinson, Micheal Messer's Second Mind Band, Jack Lawrence, Duck Baker, Pete Smith & John Buckley."

Some pretty great players in there. Lucky UKers.

Prof Scratchy:
Yes, it's definitely next weekend, not this - my tickets came through today and I can't wait!
Prof S

waxwing:
When I visited Ari a few months back he was very excited about this gig. I second the "Don't miss it!" sentiment.
By the way, we had Korean food one night and Vietnamese the other.
All for now.
John C.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version