collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Its like somebody making your lip speak, making it say things he thinks.... The Blues is a slow story. The feeling of the beautiful things that happen to you is in the Blues; it's a home language like two friends talking. It's the language everybody understands. You can inject into people with the instrument I think. - Trumpeter Henry Red Allen on the blues

Author Topic: Kazoo museum in upstate NY  (Read 744 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Kazoo museum in upstate NY
« on: December 11, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »
http://www.edenkazoo.com/history.php

The site is kinda 'web 1986' and therefore generally in keeping with the whole kazoo ethos. Quote: "Believe it or not, kazoos are made the same way today as in 1916" :P

Another interesting factoid to trot out at your cocktail parties with the smart set: "The kazoo was invented by an American named Alabama Vest". I did not know that.

You can purchase a 24kt Gold Plated Classic Metal Kazoo for $18.99, seems like a good deal.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:53:53 PM by Rivers »

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
Re: Kazoo museum in upstate NY
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 04:06:24 AM »
Wow.  I have family just a couple of towns east in Holland, NY.  I'll have to get to the museum the next time I'm out there.

For those of you planning a museum tour of western New York State, don't forget the Jello Museum in Leroy.

Offline frailer24

• Good Mornin', Judge
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:39:39 PM »
Jello museum? Did I read that correctly, or have I gone mad?
That's all she wrote Mabel!

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 03:52:06 AM »
Yes, the Jello Museum.  It traces the history of Jello from one man's attempt to develop a laxative tea.  His wife suggested adding gelatin to thicken it up and the result evolved into the dessert we all... uh... tolerate.  The museum also answers all those questions you've been asking yourself about Jello, like "If I stick electrodes into a bowl of Jello, would the resulting electromagnetic signature in any way resemble what I'd see if I did the same thing to a human brain?"

Offline ozrkreb

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »
"The kazoo was invented by an American named Alabama Vest".

Unfortunately, this is hogwash. It was invented by an American, but Alabama Vest is a figment of someone's imagination. It was actually invented by Warren Herbert Frost.

My hook's on bottom, but my cork's on top

Tags: kazoo 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal