collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

...in a car wreck in a little town called Mound Bayou Miss. I was visiting my mother. I drove 700 miles from Chicago. I was okay but on the return I fell asleep at the wheel. I was playing again the next day though. I never gave up. It cut my arm clean off and left it in the highway. Then I walked 2.5 miles to a girlfriend and picked up my arm and brought it on to Clarksdale. When the ambulance men come with stretchers, I was in bed smoking, so I drove back in front with the guys. I was in hospital for three days only. For a while I still had pain at night. As you know, fever rises at night and that's how it was - Big John Wrencher on losing his arm

Author Topic: Mystery 30's guitar  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Rambler

Mystery 30's guitar
« on: July 07, 2007, 01:20:32 PM »
Hi --today I came across a guitar labeled as a 30's Bay State parlor.  Doubtful, because  date and dealer dont seem to mathc up (according to Wheelers Am Guitars, Bay Stateclosed shop in the 1890s). Also, its a 00, not a parlor. Wouldnt matter except is a fair fingerpicker and a killer slider.

Some more details. Its a plain jane (no pearl or 'bone),  Brz RW.  V neck,  nut is not classical width, closer to 11/16.     Deep body, more like a Nick Lucas than a martin slothead. Jk

bobo

Re: Mystery 30's guitar
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »
Read the whole article. You'll see they were made until at least 1907.

Offline Rambler

Re: Mystery 30's guitar
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 06:26:22 PM »
Thanks for the clarification but point remains date and name dont match up. 

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal