collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The blues ain't nothin' but a good woman on your mind - Mississippi John Hurt, See See Rider

Author Topic: outdoor guitar  (Read 2351 times)

Offline dave stott

• Howdy!
outdoor guitar
« on: July 02, 2007, 11:01:30 AM »
has anyone tried this guitar yet?

http://www.brunner-guitars.com/flash

Roy Bookbinder states on his website that this guitar has changed his world....

the video and audio are awesome.... I'm wondering if anyone has one of these yet

Dave

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Re: outdoor guitar
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:18:12 PM »
Yeah, I've seen this posted on most of the other guitar forums. Just curious. What makes it an "outdoor" guitar? Seems nice and portable for travel and all, but no mention of why you needn't worry about getting caught in a rainstorm down the trail a bit from your case, which is what the name seems to imply. Is the case waterproof in case you swamp your canoe?

Some nice innovative ideas, tho'. Especially the bracing system, which is not that well illustrated. I'd think a 12 fret neck of more standard length would get even better sound by moving the bridge to the middle of the lower bout. I like the "keeper" nut with the zero fret, too.

Fortunately for me USAir always lets me take the little Stella as carry-on. BTW, USAir's published carry-on restrictions on guitar cases is 45 inches long, 16 inches wide and 10 inches deep.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline dave stott

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:16:08 AM »
I wondered about the origin of the name Outdoor guitar as well.  Maybe due to it's portability, it is easier to travel outdoors with???

it is a very nifty innovation, I am very curious to see how the mechanism holds up over a few years of use by Roy Bookbinder and friends.

Dave

Offline Coyote Slim

• coyoteslim.com
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 11:36:33 AM »
I want a waterproof guitar.
Puttin' on my Carrhartts, I gotta work out in the field.

Coyote Slim's Youtube Channel

Offline mordechai

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 09:48:03 AM »
haha, i just mentioned these in another post. rainsong guitars are made entirely out of graphite or some sort of synthetic material, and completely waterproof. hence the name, rainsong.

http://www.rainsong.com/

now if only the necks came off.

-mordechai

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 02:49:36 AM »

now if only the necks came off.

-mordechai

I'm sure they will if sufficient force is applied.   >:D Not sure how they'd burn though - plus too many toxic fumes and not good for the environment.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline mordechai

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 08:57:06 AM »
i would probably buy a rainsong if they were under $100. just to have the experience of playing guitar in the middle of a thunderstorm. then i'd smash it, also in a thunderstorm. it could be a music video!

-mordechai

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 09:17:13 AM »
Rainsongs are easy targets, like Ovations. But actually I found Rainsongs to be quite nice instruments when set up just right. Most accurate neck I've ever played was on a Rainsong. Not that that's important or even desirable for country blues or anything. Tone was Tupperware-esque. I would buy one for the boat except I don't have one. It could double as a flotation aid.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »
It could double as a flotation aid.

Or paddle...

Tupperware-esque tone.  :D  Will we be seeing your photo in Acoustic Guitar magazine ads now?

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 10:01:44 AM »
Tupperware-esque with toasted wheat underpinnings. Seriously, they're fun to play when set up right, very lively kick-back when you get 'em going.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 10:03:13 AM by Rivers »

Offline mordechai

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 01:15:26 PM »
yeah rainsongs do play nice, i'll give them that. i also just found this other company making similar guitars.

http://www.compositeacoustics.com/

they actually claim to have a guitar with a "vintage tone" they've got some mp3s but i dont have the ability to listen right now. plus they offer a bluegrass model with a wooden paintjob!

-mordechai

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal