collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I never wonder to see Men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed - Jonathon Swift

Author Topic: Let The Mermaids Flirt With Me (a video)  (Read 3432 times)

Smokin Bill

Let The Mermaids Flirt With Me (a video)
« on: February 02, 2005, 08:13:14 AM »

Here's another goofy little project I put together this week. It was my first experiment with video editing software, so don't expect to see it on MTV anytime soon. The file is roughly 3MB, so it will take a minute or five to download, depending on your connection speed. 

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
Re: Let The Mermaids Flirt With Me (a video)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 08:47:04 AM »
oh, man, just when I've been getting to being able to record the audio... now I have to be able to point a camera too?   :-[  Seriously, I love it.

And that tune is long time favorite.  Haven't played it for a while - I'll have to have a go at it tonight.  You have a really wonderful light touch on it. 

tom

Offline markm

• Mark McDonald Blues
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 09:26:26 AM »
Extremely cool.  I love the way you do the song but the video is great.  Did you intentionally put the grain and the little lines in it?  It looks very period.  Thanks for posting it.

Smokin Bill

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
Thanks for checking it out. Computers are great toys, aren't they? Not as great as guitars, of course ... The program I used (Windows Moviemaker, nothing fancy) allows you to apply the vintage film effects. Maybe I'll do another one somtime.

take it easy,

Bill

Offline whigski3

• Hi!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 07:52:14 PM »
oh, man, just when I've been getting to being able to record the audio... now I have to be able to point a camera too?  ?:-[? Seriously, I love it.

tom

Video? -- I don't even have a hat!? Great job Smokin Bill!? I've played that song on my couch (Stefan Grossman book) but I'm sure I'm totally lacking your thoughtful expressiveness.? If I had a camera I'd try Hard Time Killing Floor.? Gosh, I need a camera!

whigski3 (Bill)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 11:49:00 AM by waxwing »
I'm sitting here wondering, will a matchbox hold my clothes...

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 08:14:44 PM »
What a kick!  Enjoyed the 'Vintage' film footage Smokin Bill!

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 11:18:16 AM »
I have wondered for some time about the feasibility of low resolution video for instruction, and its potential as a vehicle for web-based lessons.
Great work Smokin' Bill - I shall wonder no longer. So JohnM - when are you planning to acquire that digital videocam??
>:D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 11:49:31 AM by waxwing »
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 11:49:44 AM »
There's also a nice quick lesson by Little Brother that he's posted a link to over on the 'shed. It's a version of Hacksaw Harney's Shanty town as LB learned it from Eddie Tigner. Very cool. And the down the neck camera angle is pretty revealing. LB signed up here in the rush on 1/2 but hasn't been back since.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Smokin' Bill. Real nice job on Mermaids. Thanks for posting the video clip and givin' us ideas. BTW, as frankie says in the Back Porch guideines, best place to post a link to your web page is in the Links section.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Smokin Bill

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 01:00:47 PM »
No worries, John. I've seen some of LB's videos on his site, and they're really useful ...

37 Gibson

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 05:36:34 PM »
I loved it.  More please! 

mojohand

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 01:39:30 PM »
Great stuff!  Man, that was really good.  I loved the black and white, grainy look.  Please do more!
MH

Duke

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 09:15:14 AM »
Smokin Bill, that was truly enjoyable.  Have you experimented with joining an independent audio track to a video clip?  I think someday I'd like to try making a semi-humorous video and tie it to one of the old hokum blues tunes I enjoy playing.  Not sure how complicated that is to do.  But this is great and quite inspiring.  Thanks for posting it.

Dan

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal