collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I thought, and still do think, that Lemon was a very good guitarist. Gary disagreed. (laughter) Gary started to play a very accurate pastiche of Lemon's Black Snake Moan, and Gary just opened his mouth and let out with this incredible blood curdling scream, and then he stops and says, "Man, he couldn't have sung no louder if someone was cutting his throat". He was merciless - Reverend Gary Davis, by Dave Van Ronk

Author Topic: Devin Champlin - Seattle - 11/11  (Read 930 times)

Offline nobocaster

• Hot Dog!
Devin Champlin - Seattle - 11/11
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:55:21 PM »
Hey Folks,

Attention Seattle-area Weenies...

I'll be playing a solo set at Percy's in Ballard this Tuesday night!  I'll be up in the front window, and I imagine this to be somewhat of a background entertainment kinda thing.  So I'll be enjoying myself, noodling away on some oldie moldies, blue standards, and perhaps some Fahey-inspired ramblings.  Hope to see you!

Tuesday, Nov 11, 9-11pm
Percy's & Co, 5233 Ballard Ave, Seattle
Free

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Devin Champlin - Seattle - 11/11
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 11:56:34 AM »
Hi Devin,
I was not in Seattle when you played.  How did it go, and how was Percy's to play for you?  I hope to catch you next time.
All best,
Johnm

Offline nobocaster

• Hot Dog!
Re: Devin Champlin - Seattle - 11/11
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »
 Hi John,

It was a fun night.  It was, as I expected, mostly a background music kind of thing.  A few friends and folks came out, including Del Rey.  If you had been there too, I think I really would have really been sweating with the "better play this one good, 'cause the folks out there know" blues! 

Percy's is a fairly new bar, but in a lovely old building, and they're booking Tuesday nights and Sunday brunches, mostly duos and solo acts.  I'll try to keep you posted for next time!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal