collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I don't show you my ticket, now you don't know where I'm gwine - Charlie Patton, Devil Sent The Rain

Author Topic: Patrick Sky's "Separation Blues"  (Read 4690 times)

Easy Rider

Patrick Sky's "Separation Blues"
« on: August 29, 2005, 02:16:59 PM »
For years, I have been looking for a TAB/Music transcription of this great Patrick Sky song.
His published songbook (long out of print) only has a lead sheet.

Does anybody play this and have it written out?

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Patrick Sky's "Separation Blues"
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 05:36:41 PM »
ER:

I actually picked up the album "Patrick Sky" on cd a few months ago. I've had the lp for 35+ years. I use to play "Separation" and "Hangin' 'Round" way back when--fun pieces and not too difficult as I recall. When I get a chance, I'll see what I can remember.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 07:51:55 PM »
Got out the cd and guitar and it came right back. Here's a few hints: capo up two, chords shapes are G, D. C, A, and E and their usual 7ths. The G shape and D carry the main part of the tune. In the G position move the pinky to the 2nd and 3rd strings (3rd fret) for the melody, in the D position the pinky frets the fifth fret on the 1st string, and he slides the D chord down to a Db and back up. There's a C7 and C#7 in the intro section, I believe. The five chord mix was the base of popular "ragtime" tunes back in the day. It's easy--you can do it. Good luck!

Easy Rider

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 04:24:48 AM »
Thanx for the hints, Guys.

I have the same question for "Many a Mile", which is on the same album.

Easy Rider

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 06:39:26 AM »
I've been looking for a TAB transcription of this song for many years.  Does anybody out there play it/ have TAB for it?

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 12:53:04 PM »
I figured this one out 30+ years ago and a while back posted some chords/progression for it and for a similar tune ("Hangin' Round") on the same album somewhere here on the WC site. Maybe you could do a search. Both are pretty straightforward five chord "rags" with a few variations thrown in for fun.

I'm presently in W. Lafayette, IN and won't be home in WA State until mid May sometime. If you can hang on, perhaps I can be of more help in six weeks or so.

Easy Rider

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 04:16:38 PM »
I've waited 30+ years.  What's another few weeks?

Tags: Patrick Sky 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal