collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I think I heard the Bob Lee boat when she moaned - Charlie Patton, Hammer Blues

Author Topic: Words and Phrases  (Read 247 times)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Words and Phrases
« on: July 29, 2023, 09:02:53 AM »
Since we encounter words and phrases that we've never previously heard spoken or sung or seen in print, I thought it might be appropriate to list them in one place. We can refine the format as we go along. And the moderators can revise it as they see fit. For example:

Joint: to cut (the body of an animal) into joints. "use a sharp knife to joint the bird" (Washboard Walter - "Narrow Face Blues")

Narrow Face: appears to be a kind of chicken, perhaps a breed. (Unattested) (Washboard Walter - "Narrow Face Blues")

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
Re: Words and Phrases
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 01:15:28 PM »
Seems like a good idea to me, Stuart. Could be another category under "Bedslats & All" in Weeniepedia.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 04:01:52 PM »
Hi Blues Vintage: I'll let the administrators decide the best place place for it. The top level at Weeniepedia might be a good spot. That way one doesn't have to go through too many levels or sub-categories to find it. And if we run across something as we go along--or go back to review what's been posted--it will be convenient to add anything that fits the bill.

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 06:59:33 AM »
I wasn't my intention to downplay the significance of your idea.
If "Words and Phrases" would be categorized under "Bedslats & All" (where Blues Arcana and WebLinks are located) in Weeniepedia it's visible right away on the main page.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023, 09:46:26 AM »
Hi Blues Vintage:

I didn't take your comment that way at all. You're right--That's a better place to locate the topic. I simply didn't give it enough thought or time last evening to experiment with navigating to "Words and Phrases" from either a page where we're currently working on a song or from lyrics already located in WeeniePedia. My apologies. As I mentioned, I'll let the administrators decide on the location.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal