collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Frankie is one of the best vocal & guitar pieces ever, probably the best guitar recording ever. Rumor (i.e. Spottswood) has it that when this piece was played for Segovia, he couldn't believe there were not two guitars at work - John Fahey, on John Hurt

Author Topic: John Miller YouTube channel  (Read 418 times)

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
John Miller YouTube channel
« on: November 26, 2023, 08:05:25 AM »
Hi all,
For any of you who are interested, I spent this past week posting videos of tunes from the various CDs that I'm on that are still in print on my long-dormant YouTube channel. It ended up being 48 videos, four each from twelve different CDs. If you go to https://www.youtube.com/@johnmiller1620/videos , you'll find all of the videos that have been posted. In the video descriptions, links to the bandcamp page appropriate for each tune are posted, so if you'd like to hear more tunes from a CD (for free) or buy a tune or a CD, physical or downloaded, you can go right there. I hope that you will check out the music and enjoy some of it.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Old Man Ned

Re: John Miller YouTube channel
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 01:01:48 PM »
Hi John,

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this. I'm familiar with the 'Hey There' CD but I've just listened to Carrapato from the "Zumbido-Domingo" CD, which I'm not familiar, and that's amazing. I think you may have just sold another CD :-)

I look forward to listening to the other tunes.

All the Best,
Ned

Offline eric

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 01:56:47 PM »
Thank you for posting this, John. There's some great tunes there.
--
Eric

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 02:13:10 PM »
Thanks very much, Ned and Eric, for listening, and for the positive feedback. I really appreciate it.
All best,
John

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 09:38:26 AM »
Hi all,
I've added four tunes apiece to my YouTube channel from my first four solo albums on Blues Goose and Rounder. You can find them at: https://www.youtube.com/@johnmiller1620/videos . If you hear anything you're interested in learning to play, I offer lessons on them, and if you go to johnmillerguitar.com in the Teaching section you'll find instructions for ordering lessons. Thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 02:34:12 PM »
Hi all,
I just thought I'd post a couple of videos from my YouTube channel and try and drum up some interest. First is "Milky White Way" from my "This Old Hammer" CD, which is all blues. The CD can be purchased at bandcamp and a link is provided in the video. Here it is:

This next one is my arrangement of Hoagy Carmichael's "The Nearness of You", which is from my CD "Hey There", which is all Jazz Standards (and one original). It's also available at bandcamp with a link provided in the video. Here it is:

I offer lessons on these arrangements and everything else that I play at my YouTube channel too, in case anyone is interested. Happy Holidays!

All best,
Johnm

Tags: John Miller 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal