collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The blues is not a plaything like some people think they are. Like youngsters today, right now they take anything and make the blues out of it. Just any little ol junk something or other and say this is the such and such a blues. NO IT'S NOT. Ain't but ONE kind of blues, and that consists between male and female what's in love. In love. Male and Female - Son House

Linked Events

• Ari Eisinger, Good Coffeehouse, Brooklyn: November 06, 2009

Author Topic: Ari Eisinger, Good Coffeehouse, Brooklyn  (Read 1614 times)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Ari Eisinger, Good Coffeehouse, Brooklyn
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:39:08 AM »
Just thought I'd mention this for those in the area (or not!).

Ari Eisinger

Date:    Friday, November 6, 2009
Time:    8:00pm - 10:00pm
Street:    53 Prospect Park West
City/Town:    Brooklyn, NY

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Re: Ari Eisinger, Good Coffeehouse, Brooklyn
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 07:52:46 PM »
I'll try an get my lazy butt out to Brooklyn fer this one!
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »
if i can drag MY lazy butt out there, I'll see ya, O'muck.  It'd be nice to get out there early enough to eat something, but I don't think I can get out of work in time.

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »
Well I got my lazy butt out to Brooklyn last night as did Frankie & Kim to see Ari who was killer diller  good. Aside from his mastery of all the left hand complexity in Blake and others, he's also a steady rollin' right hand man, time like a clock, with just the right propulsive push along. Quite impressive and extremely enjoyable. I must admit to having a mixed reaction of envy and relief. Envy for all the obvious reasons (but mostly because of how much more he seems to be hearing in the music), and relief because now that he's done the near perfect re-creation thing, I don't feel like its something I have to worry about.
Highlights for me were Scrapper Blackwell's I Left my Baby Standin' in the backdoor Cryin', Blake's Rope Stretchin' Blues, Memphis Minnie's Drunken' Barrel House blues, a Charlie Jordan piece whose name escapes me and likewise a Leadbelly song played on Frank's Fraulini 12 string, which sounded whompin' good.

My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 02:04:02 PM »
The Charlie Jordan tune was Hunkie Tunkie Blues...  The Georgia Tom stuff was great - If You See My Savior and They Got It Fixed Right On.  Jesus Make Up My Dyin' Bed was just killer, as well as the closer:  Leadbelly's I'm Sorry.  That was actually Ari's own Fraulini, which has been living at my house and that he was going to take home with him, but couldn't fit it in the trunk...  so it came back home with me, dagnabbit.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal