collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Folk styles tend to be conservative and one doesn't have to move the earth in order to express oneself within a tradition. A little personal innovation goes a long way in this music and one needn't go overboard in the direction of technical virtuosity, self-consciously weird harmonic effects, or jazz-inspired no-holds-barred improvisations on the theme... - Art Rosenbaum, Old-Time Mountain Banjo

Author Topic: Blind Lemon Jefferson lyrics  (Read 182720 times)

dingwall

Re: Blind Lemon Jefferson lyrics
« Reply #630 on: January 26, 2009, 11:19:16 AM »
I think Document gave both Peach Orchard Mama numbers because it wasn't known which matrix number it was from, rather than that they were identical, judging by the treatment of Big Night Blues (21199-1/21402-2) where both numbers were also cited.   (21402-2) appeared later on DOCD-5276, meaning the earlier one was (21199-1).   I assume the same will happen with Peach Orchard Mama one day, on some reissue???   I imagine all the available BLJ titles have been done now, with three in mid-check.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #631 on: January 26, 2009, 11:42:37 AM »
Comments on Black Snake Dream Blues. I don't often pay much attention to this one. Some quite great singing from Lemon, actually:

Black Snake Dream Blues(4577-2) - Blind Lemon Jefferson
Chicago c. June 1927, Pm 12510
G, no guitar, accomp. George Perkins, piano

Black snake is 'ceitful, crawlin' all in my bed,
I say black snake is 'ceitful, crawlin' all in my bed,
I had a dream last night, black snake had killed my baby dead.

Hey, hey mama, black snake lyin' all in my hall,
Hey, mama, black snake is all in my hall,
And if you quit me mama, you can't see that black snake at all.

Listen here mama, black snake is wearin' my clothes,
Ohhh, listen here mama, black snake is wearin' my clothes,
And I told you about it, and you put my trunk outdoors.

Take me back mama, I won't be bad no more,
I said take me back mama, I can't be bad no more,
And you can get my loving, if you let that black snake go.

Black snake crawler, he said he don't mean no harm,
Black snake crawler, he say he don't mean no harm,
But I'm gettin' tired of that black snake, lyin' in my baby's arms.

Black Snake Dream Blues(4577-2)
Black snake is 'ceitful, crawlin' all in my bed.
I say, black snake DECEITFUL 'ceitful, crawlin' all in my bed.
I had a dream last night, black snake had killed my baby dead.

1.2 I say, black snake IS 'CEITFUL, crawlin' all in my bed. (I hear IS not DE-)

Hey, hey, mama, black SNAKE'S lyin' all in my hall,
Hey, mama, black snake is all in my hall,
And if you quit me, mama, you can't see that black snake at all.

Agreed.

Listen here, mama, black snake is wearin' my clothes,
Ohhh, listen here, mama, black snake is wearin' my clothes,
And I told you about it, and you put my trunk outdoors.

Take me back, mama, I won't be bad no more,
I said take me back, mama, I can't be bad no more,
And you can get my loving, if you let that black snake go.

4.3 And you can get my loving (NO COMMA) if you let that black snake go.

Black snake crawler, he said he don't mean no harm,
Black snake crawler, he say he don't mean no harm,
But I'm gettin' tired of that black snake, lyin' in my baby's arms.

5.3 But I'm gettin' tired of that black snake (NO COMMA) lyin' in my baby's arms.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #632 on: January 26, 2009, 11:54:47 AM »
Comments on Black Snake Moan (80523-B):

Black Snake Moan(80523-B) - Blind Lemon Jefferson
Atlanta March 14 1927, OK 8455
C position pitched at Bb

Hey . . . . ain't got no mama now
Hey . . . . ain't got no mama now
She told me late last night you don't need no mama, no-how

Mmm . . . . black snake crawlin' in my room
Mmm . . . . black snake crawlin' in my room
& some pretty mama had better come & get this black snake soon

Ohh . . . . that must been a bed-bug, you know a chinch can't bite that hard
Ohh . . . . that musta been a bed-bug, you know a chinch can't bite that hard
Asked my baby for fifty cents, she said, 'Lemon, ain't a child in the yard'

Mama, that's alright, mama that's alright for you
Mama, that's alright, mama that's alright for you
Said, 'Baby that's alright, most any ol' way you do'

Mmm . . . . what's the matter now?
Mmm . . . . honey what's the matter now?
Tell me what's the matter baby? 'I don't like no black snake no-how'

Well . . . . wonder where the black snake gone?
Well . . . . wonder where the black snake gone?
Lord, that black snake mama done run my darlin' home

Black Snake Moan(80523-B)
Hey, ain't got no mama now.
Hey, ain't got no mama now.
She told me late last night, you don't need no mama no-how.

Mmm, black snake crawlin' in my room,
Mmm, black snake crawlin' in my room,
AND some pretty mama had better come AND get this black snake soon.[/quote]

Agreed.

Ohh, that must been a bed-bug, you know a chinch can't bite that hard.
Ohh, that MUST been a bed-bug, you know a chinch can't bite that hard.
Asked my baby for fifty cents, she said, "Lemon, (add I)ain't a child in the yard."

3.2 Ohh, that MUSTA been a bed-bug, you know a chinch can't bite that hard. (I hear a very slight trace of the OF or A in MUSTA.
3.3 Asked my baby for fifty cents, she said, "Lemon, ain't a child in the yard." (I don't hear any I in "ain't a child in the yard". It is implied, but I don't hear it at all.

Mama, that's alright, mama, that's alright for you.
Mama, that's alright, mama, that's alright for you.
Said, "Baby, that's alright, most any OLD way you do."

Agreed.

Mmm, what's the matter now?
Mmm, honey, what's the matter now?
Tell me what's the matter, baby? "I don't like no black snake no-how."

Well, wonder WHERE'S the black snake gone.(no ?, not a question)[and I'll delete the ?? in That Black Snake Moan(3067-2) ! ? and delete this irrelevant bit later]
Well, wonder WHERE'S the black snake gone.
Lord, that black snake, mama, done run my darlin' home.

Agreed.

dingwall

« Reply #633 on: January 27, 2009, 09:56:08 AM »
As usual, agreed points largely omitted, with disputed ones shown as follows:

A)Original line.
B)My comment.
C)Your comment.
D)My reply.

Black Snake Dream Blues(4577-2)
A) I say black snake is 'ceitful, crawlin' all in my bed,
B) I say, black snake DECEITFUL, crawlin' all in my bed.
C) 1.2 I say, black snake IS 'CEITFUL, crawlin' all in my bed. (I hear IS not DE-)
D) 'CEITFUL in 1.1, but I hear the D in 1.2.   Leaving.

A) And you can get my loving, if you let that black snake go.
B) And you can get my loving, if you let that black snake go.
C) 4.3 And you can get my loving (NO COMMA) if you let that black snake go.
D) Will delete.

A) But I'm gettin' tired of that black snake, lyin' in my baby's arms.
B) But I'm gettin' tired of that black snake, lyin' in my baby's arms.
C) 5.3 But I'm gettin' tired of that black snake (NO COMMA) lyin' in my baby's arms.
D) Will delete.
----------------------
Black Snake Moan(80523-B)
A) Ohh . . . . that musta been a bed-bug, you know a chinch can't bite that hard
B) Ohh, that MUST been a bed-bug, you know a chinch can't bite that hard.
C) 3.2 Ohh, that MUSTA been a bed-bug, you know a chinch can't bite that hard. (I hear a very slight trace of the OF or A in MUSTA.
D) Not sure about it.   I'll change to MUSTA.

A) Asked my baby for fifty cents, she said, 'Lemon, ain't a child in the yard'
B) Asked my baby for fifty cents, she said, "Lemon, (add I)ain't a child in the yard."
C) 3.3 Asked my baby for fifty cents, she said, "Lemon, ain't a child in the yard." (I don't hear any I in "ain't a child in the yard". It is implied, but I don't hear it at all.
D) I can hear I just briefly attached to AIN'T.   Leaving.

Offline BlueRob

« Reply #634 on: January 27, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »
To BlueRob

Dry Southern Blues:
in the "coffee/tea" lyric, Lemon says:
"can't drink BOURBON, and the woman won't make no tea"
and then the second time, he says "can't drink COFFEE".

I can't hear BOURBON.   COFFEE has a clear C and FF, and I think you may have got your N for BOURBON by combining COFFEE AND.

Uncle Bud, Johnm and dj.   It's an 'agree to differ' situation.   I don't know the method, or how long it takes, to change posted Weeniepedia lyrics, but if it is one week, then I could safely predict that one week will be the lifetime of my version there!   (Assuming it gets there.)     

Further, to Andrew, let me know if I'm missing anything.   I've gone over the lot (I hope), and I reckon this just leaves Big night Blues(21402), Black Snake Dream Blues and Black Snake Moan for your check before I do the Proposed Final Versions.   

This is my first attempt at a quote - don't laugh if it doesn't work.

WHOOPS...big whoops, sorry guys. I listened again closely, and indeed he says "coffee" both times. Guess I know where my mind was at the time!
"Crossin' over Jordan, don't have no fear--Jesus gonna be my engineer"

Offline BlueRob

« Reply #635 on: January 27, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »
I've read through the other transcriptions offered here for "Dry Southern Blues", and I must admit--some of my transcription didn't seem too clear to me. I don't have a sophisticated sound system, and was just writing the best of what I heard. I totally missed the "Uncle Sam" references, which make a lot of sense to me now, since he's referencing "soldiers on the border" (ooh, could he be referencing General Pershing's US Army excursion into Mexico chasing Pancho Villa in 1916?).

I also now agree with the first line, "My mind leads me to take a trip down south". I thought I was hearing an elongated "Ma-maaaa"--but in another of his songs (can't remember which), Lemon refers to "my mind". Makes more sense.

To BlueRob

Dry Southern Blues:
in the "coffee/tea" lyric, Lemon says:
"can't drink BOURBON, and the woman won't make no tea"
and then the second time, he says "can't drink COFFEE".

I can't hear BOURBON.   COFFEE has a clear C and FF, and I think you may have got your N for BOURBON by combining COFFEE AND.

Uncle Bud, Johnm and dj.   It's an 'agree to differ' situation.   I don't know the method, or how long it takes, to change posted Weeniepedia lyrics, but if it is one week, then I could safely predict that one week will be the lifetime of my version there!   (Assuming it gets there.)     

Further, to Andrew, let me know if I'm missing anything.   I've gone over the lot (I hope), and I reckon this just leaves Big night Blues(21402), Black Snake Dream Blues and Black Snake Moan for your check before I do the Proposed Final Versions.   

Hi Bob. It didn't work.  ;D To quote a previous post, you can go to that post, then click the Quote button (located in the right hand side of the Message heading). Then type your text before or after the "quote" code.

The quotes codes appear in [square brackets]. Quotes begin with the code {quote} -- the curly brackets/braces here would in fact be square brackets, but I wanted to show you what the code looked like, which I can't do without changing the bracket type.

A quote ends with a similar code {/quote}, the only difference being the forward slash before the word "quote" to indicate the end of the quote.

So
{quote}This is my first attempt at a quote - don't laugh if it doesn't work.{/quote}

would look like this with the actual square brackets in the code:

You can also insert quote codes manually (as I just did directly above) by simply typing the codes. That can get tricky when you forget to add the forward slash to end the quote, but I do it regularly (and screw it up regularly, requiring an edit).

Hope that makes sense.

More importantly, regarding the longevity of the transcription for songs like Long Lonesome Blues in Weeniepedia. For cases where a note will suffice -- such as a difference in a single word or phrase -- we can go with a note detailing both interpretations. For example, there are cases where both Banjochris and I have indicated we'd like a note explaining there are two different hearings for a given word or phrase.

For cases where there are significant differences across more than one verse, I propose we offer two complete versions of the lyric. It's not like we don't have the space! Anyone using the transcriptions can decide for themselves which they would go with. These cases would be very few, I think. Perhaps only for Long Lonesome itself.

I think we'll be taking any changes to these completed Lemon lyrics in Weeniepedia very seriously. There's a lot of work that has been done here and I for one won't like seeing just any random changes to the Lemon files!  :D Plus it's easy to roll back to the original Final Versions. There will always be possible improvements, but they'll have to be vetted in the forum if they're to be taken seriously.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #636 on: January 27, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »
Finally located the 4th disc of the JSP set withBig Night Blues (21402-2). It wasn't quite the last CD case as Chris suggested, but it was close!

Big Night Blues(21402-2) ? Blind Lemon Jefferson
Chicago c. August 1929, Pm 12801
A position and pitch

My feets is so sore, can hardly wear my shoes.
Well, my feets so sore, can hardly wear my shoes.
Out last night with wild women, and it's give me the big night blues.

I grabbed my baby and I danced 'til the clock struck twelve.
I grabbed my baby and I danced 'til the clock struck twelve.
I had to razzle so hard with my good gal, I just ain't feelin' so well.

2.3 I had to RASSLE so hard with my good gal, I just ain't feelin' so well

While RAZZLE is interesting and worth a note, I hear more of an -SS sound, and rassling is much more likely. Whether the rassling/wrestling Lemon is referring to is the dancing or some later activity...

I'm goin' back to that party, get with them wild women again.
I'm goin' back to that party, get with them wild women again.
Well, I ain't gonna leave my home, 'til I order me a quart of gin.

Wild women likes their liquor, their gin and their rock-and-rye.
Wild women likes their liquor, their gin and their rock-and-rye.
My gal wouldn't let me go home last night, wouldn't tell me the reason why.

Turned my face to the walls and my baby made an awful moan.
Mmmmmmmmmm, my baby made an awful moan.
"Well, I needs my daddy, 'cause my clock is run down at home."

No changes.

NOTES ? An additional change (both versions) is that in lines 1.1/2 I have altered CAN'T to CAN.   Close listening confirms this, and I have checked some other areas where Lemon uses CAN/CAN'T.   A quick way to hear his CAN'T/CAN is in Got The Blues(1053) with CAN'T(2.1/2) and CAN(4.1/2)
The last line in each is clear enough, though they seem to mean opposite things.   Puzzling.

Agreed.

RAZZLE  is a  rowdy, lively spree (Chambers); a spree, a good time (The Cassell Dictionary of Slang).   It is a short form of RAZZLE-DAZZLE which appears to have wider meanings involving confusion.   

See above comments re. RASSLE.

I believe that is all, unless we've missed something.

dingwall

« Reply #637 on: January 28, 2009, 10:31:26 AM »
Big Night Blues(21402-2)

As usual.

A)Original line.
B)My line
C)Your comment.
D)My reply.

A) No Weeniepedia line
B) I had to razzle so hard with my good gal, I just ain't feelin' so well.

C) 2.3 I had to RASSLE so hard with my good gal, I just ain't feelin' so well
While RAZZLE is interesting and worth a note, I hear more of an -SS sound, and rassling is much more likely. Whether the rassling/wrestling Lemon is referring to is the dancing or some later activity...

D) I doubt if I could distinguish between S and Z here.   However, I think we have different ideas about what is meant.   I'm thinking of it as partying (being out on a spree, however wild) with his good girl, and verse 3 seems to confirm it, whereas you're taking it as an activity (however wild) confined to them.   Take your pick?   I'll leave RAZZLE in, but quote your RASSLE in a note added to my notes at the site.

I think that's the last one - hope hope - but I don't know if the note problem is solved yet.    
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:37:23 AM by dingwall »

Offline BlueRob

Re: Easy Rider Blues - Blind Lemon Jefferson
« Reply #638 on: January 29, 2009, 10:03:59 AM »
There's an old-time stereotype that women weave or crochet when they are worried about something. Perhaps Lemon is exasperated that his gal is fretful or trifling, to the point that it is detrimental to her health.

I wonder if "crocheting" might describe a vindictive woman who is secretly dwelling on being wronged, and plotting against someone...like Madame LaFarge, who is constantly weaving in the old play "Les Miserables". As the story progresses, her incessant weaving symbolizes her ongoing development of a plot to start the French Revolution. The whole "weaving a web" idea...

And there's also the "cocaine" reference, that's a possibility too. Lemon often takes an authoritative tone in his songs on moral issues; given Lemon's Baptist church background, perhaps he believes that the drug will drive his gal insane? Charley Patton's "Spoonful of Blues" (recorded around 1929-ish) is thought to be about heroin, in this song he says it makes "these women goin' crazy, every day of their life".

Not sure if I consciously transliterated 'cocaine' for 'crochet', which I just couldn't imagine causing anyone to lose their mind. Come to think of it it might make me lose my mind.

I'm pretty sure he says "crocheting", which I understood as a euphemism for prostitution:

crocheting -> hooking -> prostitution

nothing whatsoever to back it up, though.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #639 on: January 29, 2009, 10:20:55 AM »
Hi all,
One of my sisters told me after hearing the verse about "crocheting" that it referred to masturbation.  It would explain Lemon's concern that it would result in his girl losing her mind, especially if she was doing it all the time, according to conventional wisdom/fear at the time the song was recorded.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Chezztone

• Hey!
    • Steve Cheseborough 1920s-30s-style blues
« Reply #640 on: January 29, 2009, 03:17:39 PM »
I've been listening to, singing and thinking about (and sometimes talking about with others) Lemon's "Easy Rider" for many years. And yes, that "crocheting" line is most interesting and puzzling. I don't think it has anything to do with cocaine or masturbation. If someone has a reference from another song or literary source in which "crocheting" refers to one of those activities, that might change my mind. But if it wasn't a regular slang or code word, then I doubt Lemon would have expected his listeners to interpret it that way. (Oh, and Patton's "A Spoonful Blues" is not about drug use, either. It is about a spoonful of the same thing that John Hurt's "Coffee Blues" -- or Muddy's "Same Thing," for that matter -- is about.)
Back to the Lemon song... My best guess now is the simplest and most literal. He doesn't like her crocheting because she does it all the time, ignoring him. Also perhaps she is crocheting clothing for a baby she has or wants to have -- again, taking attention away from her man.
--
Steve Cheseborough
www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/videos/view/67-Steve-Cheseborough
www.stevecheseborough.com
http://cdbaby.com/all/chezztone
www.myspace.com/stevecheseborough

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #641 on: February 02, 2009, 07:23:28 AM »
Here is the master list of Lemon titles linking to each PROPOSED FINAL VERSION within this enormous thread. This should make navigation somewhat easier. Note that these links are not to first-draft transcriptions or initial discussions of a given song, but to the proposed final versions posted alphabetically by dingwall.

If anyone has any changes to suggest, now's the time. Soon we'll start updating the lyrics in Weeniepedia, and adding notes where necessary. I'll also add this list to Weeniepedia.

'Lectric Chair Blues (20364-2)
All I Want Is That Pure Religion (11041-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg36423#msg36423

Bad Luck Blues (3090-2)
Bakershop Blues (15668--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg36486#msg36486

Balky Mule Blues (20381-3)
Bed Spring Blues (15664--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg36625#msg36625

Beggin' Back
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg36741#msg36741

Big Night Blues (21199-1)
Big Night Blues (21402-2)
Black Horse Blues (2543-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg36800#msg36800

Black Snake Dream Blues (4577-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg42058#msg42058

Black Snake Moan (80523-B)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg42064#msg42064

Blind Lemon's Penitentiary Blues (20363-2)
Booger Rooger Blues (3088-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg36805#msg36805

Booster Blues (2474-1)
Bootin' Me 'Bout (15675--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg36848#msg36848

Broke and Hungry (3076-2)
Cat Man Blues (15673--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg36949#msg36949

Change My Luck Blues (20387-2)
Chinch Bug Blues (20064-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg37002#msg37002

Chock House Blues (2558-2)
Christmas Eve Blues (20818-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg37031#msg37031

Competition Bed Blues (20749-2)
Competition Bed Blues (21132-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg37197#msg37197

Corinna Blues (2544-1)
Corinna Blues (2544-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg37243#msg37243

D B Blues (20821-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg37288#msg37288

Deceitful Brownskin Blues (20065-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg37307#msg37307

Disgusted Blues (21110-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg37320#msg37320

Dry Southern Blues (2475-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg37342#msg37342

Dynamite Blues (21096-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg37372#msg37372

Eagle-Eyed Mama (21095-3)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39504#msg39504

Easy Rider Blues (4423-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39510#msg39510

Empty House Blues (21200-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39533#msg39533

Fence Breakin' Yellin' Blues (15672--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39545#msg39545

Gone Dead on You Blues(20070-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39593#msg39593

Got the Blues (2471-1)
Got the Blues (2471-2)
Got the Blues (1053)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39639#msg39639

Hangman's Blues (20751-2)
Hangman's Blues (20816-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39662#msg39662

Happy New Year Blues (20819-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39742#msg39742

He Arose from the Dead (4579-1)
Hot Dogs (4578-3)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39777#msg39777

How Long, How Long (20788-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39790#msg39790

I Want To Be Like Jesus In My Heart (11040-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39797#msg39797

Jack O'Diamond Blues (2557-1)
Jack O'Diamond Blues (2557-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39810#msg39810

Lemon's Cannon Ball Moan (20401-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39824#msg39824

Lemon's Worried Blues (20375-3)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39832#msg39832

Lock Step Blues (20750-2)
Lockstep Blues (20815-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39853#msg39853

Lonesome House Blues (20076-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39865#msg39865

Long Distance Moan (15670-A)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39877#msg39877

Long Lastin' Lovin' (20407-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39895#msg39895

Long Lonesome Blues (2472-1)
Long Lonesome Blues (1054)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39910#msg39910

Long Lonesome Blues (2472-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg42360#msg42360

Low Down Mojo Blues (20636-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39937#msg39937

Maltese Cat Blues (20820-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39950#msg39950

Match Box Blues (80524-B)
Match Box Blues (4424-2)
Match Box Blues(4446-4)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39966#msg39966

Mean Jumper Blues (20380-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39984#msg39984

Mosquito Moan (15666--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg39996#msg39996

Oil Well Blues (21197-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40004#msg40004

Old Rounder's Blues (2018-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40017#msg40017

One Dime Blues (20075-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40038#msg40038

Peach Orchard Mama (21196-1/21400-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40063#msg40063

Piney Woods Money Mama (20408-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40079#msg40079

Pneumonia Blues (15669--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40112#msg40112

Prison Cell Blues (20388-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40125#msg40125

Rabbit Foot Blues (3089-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40131#msg40131

Rambler Blues (20040-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40154#msg40154

Right Of Way Blues (4515-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40169#msg40169

Rising High Water Blues (4491-5)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40183#msg40183

Sad News Blues (20772-2)
Sad News Blues (21133-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40205#msg40205

Saturday Night Spender Blues (21201-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40227#msg40227

See That My Grave's Kept Clean (20074-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40246#msg40246

See That My Grave Is Kept Clean (20374-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40266#msg40266

Shuckin' Sugar Blues (3077-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40288#msg40288

Southern Woman Blues (15667--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40309#msg40309

Stocking Feet Blues (3066-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40377#msg40377

Struck Sorrow Blues (20039-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40459#msg40459

Sunshine Special (20066-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40474#msg40474

That Black Snake Moan (3067-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40519#msg40519

That Black Snake Moan No. 2 (21202-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40566#msg40566

That Crawlin' Baby Blues (15671--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40607#msg40607

The Cheater's Spell (15674--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40661#msg40661

Tin Cup Blues (21198-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40678#msg40678

Wartime Blues (3070-1)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40685#msg40685

Weary Dogs Blues (4514-4)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40816#msg40816

Where Shall I Be? (20073-2)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40829#msg40829

Yo Yo Blues (15665--)
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.msg40842#msg40842
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:48:41 AM by uncle bud »

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #642 on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:01 AM »
This might be the time to say what an impressive body of work has taken shape in this thread - 43 pages, 638 posts of Blind Lemon Jefferson lyrics!  Thanks to all involved and especially to uncle bud and dingwall for their herculean effort!

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #643 on: February 02, 2009, 09:10:52 AM »
Here! Here!

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn