collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
...there was something about this guy - his singing, with all this mumbling and stuff going on, and his playing - it put something into me, man. I said "This is what I'm gonna do" - Hubert Sumlin, on hearing a warped Charlie Patton record he had found in a trash can

Author Topic: Tuners needed for parlor guitar  (Read 1908 times)

Offline ozrkreb

Tuners needed for parlor guitar
« on: March 19, 2005, 03:45:06 PM »
Howdy folks:
Yesterday I picked up a little parlor guitar at a local antique/flea market. It's in rough shape, but with a little work it'll still make music. Unfortunately, the tuners are messed up....both sides. Of course it's a slot-head. Does anyone happen to have a set of tuners that they would be willing to sell? Thanks!
Az
My hook's on bottom, but my cork's on top

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Tuners needed for parlor guitar
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 09:17:53 AM »
Hi Az, it may be tough to find tuners that match the exisitng ones.  They do make new slot head tuners - which offer the advantage of... working well.  You might call Luthiers Mercantile International or Stewart McDonald -- both are very helpful and both carry slot head machines.

http://www.lmii.com
http://stewmac.com

cheers,

Offline Cambio

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 10:02:44 AM »
Slack's absolutely right, old tuners are getting really hard to find and you might have to buy another guitar just to get a decent set.  I think that the only 3 on a plate tuners that Stew Mac offers are Waverly's, which are terribly expensive ($190), but LMI offers a set of Gothoh's that seem promising ($30), although I've never used them.  I've had good luck with other Gothoh tuners in the past.  You can also get a set of 3 on a plate Van Gents from National, which will probably fit the old spacing, but expect to pay about $60.
Good Luck.

Offline ozrkreb

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 06:48:13 PM »
Thanks for the replies! I found exactly what I need.
Az
My hook's on bottom, but my cork's on top

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal