collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Slide player use's spoon in mouth  (Read 1398 times)

leonard

Slide player use's spoon in mouth
« on: May 22, 2007, 03:03:58 PM »
http://www.myspace.com/hannescoetzeeteaspoonslideguitarist

I think this is kinda neat. I guess it's country blues. Sure looks hard to do.

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Slide player use's spoon in mouth
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 03:43:32 PM »
Hi all,
For those of you interested in studying with or picking up some ideas from Hannes Coetzee, he will be on staff at the Port Townsend Slide guitar Workshop this summer.
All best,
Johnm

Offline LB

• Ga
Re: Slide player use's spoon in mouth
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 08:22:56 AM »
I took inspiration from that song and made up a small web lesson that makes it into a two guitar jam. Providing an MP3 to play along with you can learn the slide part. It's beginner level but very addicting. Playing it like him with the spoon slide in mouth and then both hands on the guitar is simply not possible by mere mortals. That guy is amazing. But this little lesson is great fun if you want to jam along at a BBQ or party with someone. The real beauty is you dont have to detune from standard and the slide part rides completely on string 1. So if anyone needs to figure this one out or learn it get up with me or visit my site.

LB

P.S. We ordered a DVD from Africa with him on it. The production of the DVD fell short of a real masterpiece but the real treasure was all the tiny unplanned things you see happen in the story and travels among real people in villages playing music. From what I saw though they waited just a few too many years to go discover the players of that region since they are all either growing old or passed. Never the less the spoon guy is worth the price of admission.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal