collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
#74 - Buy a National guitar; learn to play it - Anon., from "The Life List 175 Things a Man Should Do Before He Dies", Esquire Magazine, December 1999

Author Topic: Browser issues  (Read 1547 times)

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Browser issues
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:55:10 PM »
Apologies if this has been dealt with in another topic, but I didn't want to wade through all of them.

I'm using a Mac with System 10.2.8 and Safari.
When I sign in using Safari I can log in but when I try to get to the forum using either the direct link or the "show unread posts" it merely downloads a file called index.php onto the desktop and takes me nowhere.

On Explorer, everything seems to work OK, but I'm curious if other Safari users have this problem.

Any suggestions? This has been just since the last upgrade.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

(I modified this post because I answered one of my own questions.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 03:01:56 PM by banjochris »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Browser issues
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:44:20 PM »
Chris - I had a similar issue on occasion with a Mac using Safari (which is not what I'm using currently). For me it was when I logged out that it downloaded the index.php. Strange. There have been some others who've had trouble with old versions of Safari. Mac OS X 10.3.x versions and up seem to work fine, but with the older OS, which can't upgrade to more recent versions of Safari, it means weird behavior on certain websites. Slack may pipe up here, but I'm not sure what if any solution there is, aside from upgrading your OS and version of Safari, which isn't an option for some folks. Does Firefox work on 10.2.8? That may be something to investigate. I avoid IE whenever possible, Windows or Mac, so sympathize.

Anyone else using older OS X and Safari versions having trouble?

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 04:08:40 PM »
Hi Chris,

I searched the SMF Forum support board and from what I can gather, it is a Safari issue and they recommend upgrading to the latest version.

... easier said than done I know...  :(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 04:13:46 PM by Slack »

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies. I mostly use the computer at work, since I only have dial-up at home. But I'm upgrading soon so I'll have the newest Safari at that point. I'll try Firefox, too, it does work with this system.

Chris

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal