collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Bet you don't hear that when they get divorced - Skip James, on seeing a married couple drive down the road with empty cans dragging behind their car

Author Topic: John Miller Website  (Read 79228 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: New John Miller Website
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2016, 06:48:27 AM »
Hi all,
This is a reminder that the Song of the Month lesson for February 2016 at my website is Little Hat Jones' "Rolled From Side To Side Blues", a video of which is in the immediate previous post in this thread.  The lesson will be offered at the special rate only for the month of February.  For more information or to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html  .  Thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2016, 06:04:30 AM »
Hi all,
The Song of the Month lesson for March at the John Miller website is on Furry Lewis' "Jelly Roll", which Furry played in the seldom-used EAEGBE tuning.  It is an absolutely ripping piece, with an infectious syncopated rhythm and a signature lick that will give your thumb a real work-out.  Here is Furry's performance of the song:

The lesson includes, for the price of $35.00 ($42.00 to U. S. residents who want a hard copy version) a discussion of EAEGBE tuning, how you get around it and its musical possibilities, sent as an .mp3, a TAB transcription, sent as a .pdf file, and very thorough talk-throughs of Furry's intro and verse one, four and five accompaniments, sent as .mp3s.  It is available at the reduced price only for the month of March.  For more information or to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  Thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:30:19 AM by Johnm »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2016, 10:33:20 AM »
Hi Johnm,

It looks like you are going to have some stiff competition this month, or at least for the next two weeks from Stefan Grossman.

20% Discount on ALL
John Miller DVD Lessons
Coupon Code: MILLER2016
Applies to Downloads and Physical DVDs
(Offer valid from March 1st - 14th)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2016, 01:56:12 PM »
Well, I'll be a blue-nosed gopher, Slack!  One important factor--none of those SGGW lessons have "Furry Lewis' "Jellyroll" on them.  Whatever happens, happens.  I think that sounds more musical in Italian.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2016, 02:00:27 PM »
Haha.... good luck with both endeavors!

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2016, 08:26:34 AM »
Hi all,
Just a brief reminder that the Song of the Month lesson at my website is Furry Lewis' "Jellyroll", a terrific number in EAEGBE tuning that you can hear four posts back from this one, where a youtube video is embedded.  To find out more information on the lesson, or to order it, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  Thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »
Hi all,
The Song of the Month lesson for April at my website is Belton's Sutherland's "Blues # 1", which is also posted on youtube as "Kill The Old Grey Mule".  It's an intense, trance-like Mississippi blues with one of the coolest signature licks you're ever likely to hear, and the way Belton Sutherland varied the lick over the course of the performance was masterful.  Here is his performance of the song:

With the lesson you get a .pdf of a TAB transcription and a very thorough talk-through with guidance on the fingering and picking.  Price of the lesson is $35.00, just for the month of April (U.S. residents can get a hard copy version of the lesson for $42.00).  To find out more information or to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  Thanks.
All best,
Johnm 

Offline jpeters609

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2016, 01:54:41 PM »
Great choice, John. This song caught my interest the first time I saw the Alan Lomax video.
Jeff

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2016, 03:12:01 PM »
Hi Jeff,
People are really liking the song so far, and no wonder--Belton Sutherland was so strong in what he did!
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2016, 08:32:59 AM »
Hi all,
Just a brief reminder that the Song of the Month lesson for April is Belton Sutherland's "Blues # 1", or "Killed The Old Grey Mule", which you can see three posts back from this one in this thread.  To find out more about the lesson or order it, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html  .  Thanks.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2016, 07:38:05 AM »
Hi all,
The Song of the Month lesson for May 2016 is Bo Carter's "I Get The Blues".  The song is one of Bo's "Pop Blues", and has a 32-bar structure, along with one of Bo's prettiest melodies and an epic solo.  Here is Bo's performance of "I Get The Blues":

The price of the lesson is $35.00, and for that you get a TAB transcription of the song and very thorough talk-throughs of how to play the song, going over left hand fingering and economy of movement and the way to handle the picking in the right hand, all sent as attachments to emails, with the TAB as a .pdf and the talk-throughs a series of .mp3s.  U. S. residents have the option of ordering a hard copy version of the lesson for $42.00.  The lesson will only be available at this price for the month of May, 2016.  For more information, or to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  Thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2016, 08:41:23 AM »
Hi all,
This is by way of a brief reminder that the song of the Month lesson for May, 2016 at the my website is Bo Carter's "I Get The Blues", which can be listened to at the last post prior to this one in this thread.  To order the lesson, available for $35.00 only during this month, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  Thanks.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2016, 06:11:21 AM »
Hi all,
The Song of the Month lesson for June, 2016 at the John Miller website is Frank Evans' "French Blues".  Evans was a Mississippian who was recorded in the field by Alan Lomax, and "French Blues" must certainly be one of the strongest performances to come out of Mississippi.  Here it is:

The lesson is available for the month of June only for $35.00 (a hard copy version can be ordered by U.S. residents for $42.00).  For more information or to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  Thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm 

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2016, 08:38:41 AM »
Hi all,
This is just a mid-month reminder that the Song of the Month lesson for June at my website is Frank Evans' "French Blues", which you can listen to at the post immediately prior to this one.  For more information or to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  This one's a sleeper, folks--don't judge it by the sound quality of the recording, it is a ripping tune!
All best,
Johnm

Offline EddieD

• How's she goin' b'y?
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2016, 02:09:28 PM »
I noticed there is a 4 for the price of 3 on your website now John.  There is still many lessons I would like to get from you but I'm in the process of moving to a new city so my money is tied up but I look forward to when I can purchase some more lessons from you.

Tags: John Miller 2017 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal