collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I know at one time he had some money in a plastic bag. Matter of fact, $8,000. And he brought it here for me to count. But when I opened the bag and the air came and got to it, it come all to pieces. It was so rotten that you couldn't even pick it up. Amazing, amazing person, Jack was - Jack Owens, remembered by Jimmy Homes, Living Blues #137

Author Topic: Bo Carter photo  (Read 2221 times)

Offline daddystovepipe

• daddystovepipe youtube
Bo Carter photo
« on: August 27, 2008, 04:26:32 AM »
Hi all,

This may be old news but I found a photo of Bo Carter I've never seen before (and I've been around for quite a while  ;)

It's on a 1931 catalog page of Okey Records and shown in the booklet that accompanies the Old Hat cd "Folks, He Sure Do Pull Some Bow" (great cd btw)
Lonnie Chatmon and Walter Vinson are on the same page; all wearing nice suits and ties.  the photo's, although small, are of good quality.
Cheer,
Carl

Cooljack

Re: Bo Carter photo
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:47:02 AM »
yeah I saw that too, It was good to see more clear pictures of them all, heres a bigger version of the original which I scanned from the front of a Document CD and added a background for the sake of filler.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:44:03 AM »
Here's the cover of the first ever Bo Carter LP compilation from 1968. Back sleeve states that the photo was provided by Fredric Ramsey.

Click to enlarge
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:48:43 AM by Bunker Hill »

Offline daddystovepipe

• daddystovepipe youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 04:05:52 PM »
Cooljack and Bunker Hill, this is not the photo I'm talking about.  I don't have a scanner so I can't show it but it shows Bo in a light colored suit, very young looking and with dark hair nicely sideparted.
The new photo is in possession of the Southern Historical Collection of the University of North Carolina, at Chapel Hill.
The origin is a page of a Okeh Race Catalog 1931.

Best,
Carl   

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
And he looks like an enormous dork in it, which is really cool.
Chris

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 04:37:39 PM »
Hi all,
I believe the photo Daddy Stovepipe is referring to can be found in this thread:  http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=60&topic=3098.0.
all best,
Johnm

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:34:38 AM »
Dork? Is that a musical term..
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Tags: Bo Carter 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal