collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
My hook is in the water, and all the fish is up on top - Eddie Burns - Fun Time

Author Topic: Help Paul Oscher  (Read 801 times)

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
Help Paul Oscher
« on: December 10, 2019, 05:46:34 PM »
Paul Oscher has fallen on hard times. He's out of the hospital now but needs help to finish his book.
It's mainly about his adventures with The Muddy Waters Blues Band.

Here's a preview;

"We used to play this place in St. Louis called the Moonlight Lounge. I remember the first time we went down there. We pulled up at the hotel and all these prostitutes on the corner started shouting 'Muddy Waters Band is here!' And they'd hike-up their dresses. I remember at the gig Muddy played 'I Just Want To Make Love To You' and I had this chromatic solo. I dropped to my knees still playin', and this woman yelled-out from the audience, 'Don't stop now baby! My drawers are wet!' Muddy would mesmerize the audience like a preacher. He'd walk all over the club singing and people'd shout 'I hear you brother!' '....Tell the truth!' Tell it like it is. I loved those shows. After the gig, we came back to the hotel. You entered the hotel through a barbecue joint and then in the back there was a bar and a piano. Spann would play the piano all night. We would shoot dice and hang out with the girls. You had people sitting in like Albert King. It was just a great time. I had a great time."

https://www.gofundme.com/f/HelpPaulOscher

Offline jostber

Re: Help Paul Oscher
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 10:58:08 AM »
That should be a great book to read. Hope he will get better and be able to finish it.

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
Re: Help Paul Oscher
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 12:47:23 PM »
Last update is very gloomy. It appears that he has cancer that's untreatable.
I want to donate but I don't have a credit card. I just asked paul if I could donate through paypal.

Here's another story that's gonna be in the book.

Peppers Lounge was located at 43rd St and Vincennes Ave. Peppers was a major blues club on the Southside of Chicago owned by Johnny Pepper. All the great blues musicians played there. On this night Jr.Wells and his band were booked to perform. The club was situated in gang territory. The Deciples aka Devil’s Deciples aka D’s claimed 43rd street. Jr. had Lefty Diz playing guitar with him that night. During a break Lefty went outside and got in an argument with one of the gang bangers. He didn’t think nothin’ of it and after the break returned to the bandstand. The gangbanger followed lefty into the club and when lefty was putting his guitar on, the gangbanger sucker punched him. Jr. who was standing by the stage immediately drew his chrome colt 45, 1911(model) pistol and shot the gangbanger in the shoulder. Gangbanger spun around and hit the floor. Now the bouncer, I forget his name, picked up the wounded boy under the boy’s arms and dragged him out of the club and threw him to his friends that were on the sidewalk leaning against a Cadillac. Jr. Stood in the doorway brandishing the 45 and said “ anybody else want a piece this shit”

Here's a full concert of Muddy with Paul;

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal