collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I got myself a mamma, she's always got me feeling blue. She acts just like the weather, I don't know what she's going to do - Lonnie Johnson, "Fickle Mamma Blues" (1927)

Author Topic: Someday I'll have money!?!  (Read 1390 times)

Offline slideaway

Someday I'll have money!?!
« on: July 08, 2011, 02:11:12 AM »
Heres my,.. i think CB-ish - altho i find its suspected origins deep in CB waaay back, try a certain 'john henry blues' ;) ,.. take on a classic aussie hit song from '70's - 'scuse very poor audio was shot on a point an shoot stills camera

Offline slideaway

Re: Someday I'll have money!?!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 02:42:56 AM »
how do have the clip load automatically? hmmm *scratches*

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:55:55 AM by slideaway »

Offline Stumblin

• Got the Blues, can't be satisfied
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 04:24:36 PM »
"Someday I'll have money!?!"
Let's be realistic. No. No you won't. I've been trying for fucking decades and nothing, not a bean. Just play your guitar and sing your blues.

Offline slideaway

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 06:14:06 AM »
 haha .. true, true .. good advice man ,  thanks for looking Stumblin  :)

Offline LB

• Ga
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 10:15:44 AM »
I love the feel and main groove of this one. I think the head of the song and how it lays into initial the groove hooks me the most. Sorry to say I just can't hear the words. Nice Donmo, I love mine which is a tricone, green and probably the first or second one Don made. Remains one of the most "old" sounding and feeling guitars I have.

Offline slideaway

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:37 AM »
Thankyou LittleBrother! appreciate the positive feedback .. I also have a Donmo rustbucket tricone, i own 3 Donmo's all up, love 'em  .. is your tricone a normal tricone length scale? just that it appears to be in a short scale SC body, same as mine, with f-holes ect. .. I know Don makes them to order routinely like that now, but when i bought mine, 3 and a half years ago, i didnt think that was the case!? i thought it was a prototype or something lol
Love your website btw, and have for years!  :)

Offline Doc White

• Good medicine
    • Doc White
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »
Hi Slideaway,
I've played a few gigs with Mike Rudd who wrote this song. He and Bill Putt have a band called Spectrum which has been going for over 40 years and originally recorded it. It is indeed an Australian classic but it's correct name is I'll Be Gone. You can find out more about them here www.mikeruddbillputt.com/
Nice version.
Cheers,
Doc

Offline LB

• Ga
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Hey slideaway, thanks. I never even thought about the scale for some odd reason, but I just measured 12-3/4" inches to the 12th fret (half way) and although the saddle cover is in the way it does look like about 25.5" inches if that sounds about right.

Thanks for that info Doc.

Offline slideaway

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »
gday and thanks Doc! that would of been very cool to have shared stage with Mike Rudd indeed, .. and sorry, yes of course i didnt correctly title the song and artist in this thread .. great link too cheers

Offline slideaway

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 07:47:20 PM »
LB no worries, thankyou for doing that, i just assumed from appearance that it may be a different scale, but of course that is normal tricone scale you have .. Don has made so many interesting experimental wonderful one-off instruments over the years, i dont know why i would just assume anything lol,  my donmo tricone is 24.7 inch scale, i think the short-scale tricones (in addition to trad. normal scale tricones) he makes now with new template are 24.8 or so, the new ones dont have f-holes like ours :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:49:49 PM by slideaway »

Offline LB

• Ga
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 06:06:10 AM »
Ahh good to know slideaway. I'd love to have access and play some of your Donmos! And some of the custom jobs he's made over the years. I talked him into a 13/16" nut, slight radius on the fretboard and a very vintage profile to exact specs and I gotta say he nailed it.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal