collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
They'll bite the hand that feeds them, spend all the money you can save. From your heartstrings weave silk garters, build a doghouse on your grave - Dock Boggs, False Hearted Lover's Blues

Author Topic: Went to Neil about a 12 string today  (Read 1530 times)

leonard

Went to Neil about a 12 string today
« on: February 10, 2007, 03:21:03 PM »
Neil Harpe had 2 Harmony Stella's on his website. I check there right often. So after getting replies to my inquiry from you guys. Both of you mentioning the Harmony's I thought I'd give a call . A couple hrs later I was playing them. I decided on the 64. It was cheaper than the 62.
The 62 was 900.00 the 64 was 750.  Neil was looking at the 64 and he noticed a crack. He said I can't sell you this its cracked. Then he say's I'll sell you the 62 for the same price. So I got it. I really like it.
He's a good guy. It was fun talkin with him. I think he felt bad because I had to ride awhile to get there. I'm familiar with Michael Hauver's repair work. He's very good. Nice guy too. Mike sets them up for Neil.
Thanks guys for your help!

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Went to Neil about a 12 string today
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 09:00:27 PM »
Well Lenny, you certainly don't waste time. I'm guessing you're not in government. Congratulations on the new 12-string!

leonard

Re: Went to Neil about a 12 string today
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 03:36:55 AM »
Uncle Bud
Thanks , I kinda knew If I waited too long Something would come up and I'd spend the money. I've been looking at Neil's webpage for quite awhile now. Seemed like the right time.
I like it. Very easy to play. Has something I like. I don't know if its the ladder bracing or the 12 frets to the body,or what.
It has personality. It sounds like a small town carnival to me.
Told this to the wife, bless her heart Got the your crazy look.
Nope don't work for the gov't.
Really would like to have Mike Hauver build me one someday.
This one is nice . Played her all weekend .   Lenny

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal