collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Nineteen Hundred and Twenty Seven, fourteenth day of November, God rode through Pittsburgh, over on the North Side - Reverend E. W. Clayborn, God's Riding Through The Land

Author Topic: Slack Messes Up!  (Read 4406 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Slack Messes Up!
« on: May 15, 2008, 07:05:26 AM »
Hi folks, sorry for the site being down for an extended period of time.  My fault.  I wanted to look at the new version of our forum software, which is a major upgrade, and instead of uploading to my test server, I uploaded the files to weeniecampbell.  A dumb mental error.  In any case, I needed to restore from backup, which is was a good test of our hosts ability to restore sites from dumb mistakes.  We are still looking at the site, there may be some minor problems, but we'll get it straightened out.

Thanks for your patience, and I promise to start paying attention to what I am doing.  :D
Slack

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Re: Slack Messes Up!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 07:07:20 AM »
No apology necessary. We're all the lucky beneficiaries of your hard work on this site, so thanks.
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 07:19:27 AM »
It was like staring into the abyss, that 404 error. I swear for a moment I saw a bright light, and then the face of Blind Joe Taggart.

Keep your eyes peeled for any forum anomalies or other weirdness (other than the usual member behaviour).

Thanks, Slack, and to our host for restoring us.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 09:03:43 AM »
Thanks guys.  It's good to take a break from the computer once in a while  - 'course if you are checking 401 errors every minute, that is not much of a break. 

O'Muck, I was motivated to save your "Define Country Blues.." post, which was the best post of the day. ;)

As Andrew says, please report any other anomalies here.

Thanks,

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:20:08 AM »
You get points for candor, John D.  You could have said you were busy creating the new and improved Weenie site and I would have been none the wiser.  Having the site down for a while though, made it clear how much I need my periodic Weenie site fixes.  Thanks for all you do to keep the site going; it is certainly an enriching part of my life (and I'm not talking about money).
All best,
Johnm

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »
Thanks John, it's my pleasure doing the techie stuff (most of the time!) and it's the weenies that make it an enriching experience.

Onward and upward.

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »
...how much I need my periodic Weenie site fixes.

You can say that again.  Actually, I was relieved to find that the sweating and shaking weren't the flu coming on but just Weenie withdrawal. 

Something good comes out of things like unscheduled outages, Slack - they give us all the chance to reaffirm just how much we appreciate all you do.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 01:06:56 AM »
Too true. Slack, never for one moment forget how much all the good folk in the Land of Weenie really appreciate all your efforts.  We don't take it for granted.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline NevadaPic

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 06:27:33 PM »
Slack,

I'm obviously preaching to the choir when I say that you did not 'mess up' in any way.  Being duly employed in an area that is reliant on computers and servers and such for day-to-day business transactions all I can say is 'S*** happens'!  Keep up the good work and if ya need to upgrade the equipment or service I am not at all afraid to contribute...

Pic
If I don't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one so don't be late...

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal