collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Frankie is one of the best vocal & guitar pieces ever, probably the best guitar recording ever. Rumor (i.e. Spottswood) has it that when this piece was played for Segovia, he couldn't believe there were not two guitars at work - John Fahey, on John Hurt

Author Topic: Sacre Conversatzione Blues  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Sacre Conversatzione Blues
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:13:02 PM »
A strange meeting

My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Sacre Conversatzione Blues
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 06:54:48 AM »
Like!

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:28:56 AM »
I thanks ya Uncle Bud

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:17:08 AM »
I'm a fan of the long intros you sometimes do. Makes for great tension when done right.

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:22:20 AM »
Thats all about trying to establish the connection with the song, trying to feel my way in so there's an honest sense of really inhabiting the song, having it come from a real place, a personal place, one that allows me to feel like its happening for the first time in a way.

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 10:50:06 PM »
A sacre Conversazione or sacred conversation, is a painting showing 3/4 or larger sized images of the holy family and friends including saints and patrons. Since I stumbled across both Skip James and Son House in this tune I thought of it as a sacre conversazione. This one is a desecration of an El Greco (who did some of my favorites on the theme) substituting in this case Son House for Joseph, Skip James for St. Ann and yours truly in the humble role of suckling infant to whom we will ascribe no supernatural qualities except hair. I turned the Madonna Blue as in the mother and source of all blues. Its a joke folks/...not the song...just the picture.

Offline Mike Brosnan

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »
Song and picture are equally awesome!!

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 11:03:55 AM »
I'm a fan of the long intros you sometimes do. Makes for great tension when done right.

Well said!

Cheers

Pan

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 11:15:11 AM »
Thanks for posting that, O'Muck.  When I first looked at the post I thought it was simply a poster for an event--doh.  I especially like the book-ending very slow portions, very beautiful heavy time and the much-to-be-coveted (by me, at least), "old man" time.
All best,
Johnm

Mister Steve

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 04:17:05 AM »
Please close my account.

Thought I'd dip into the forum after awhile.  Didn't come back here to be offended.

As an Orthodox Christian (not Roman Catholic, not Evangelical) in the final analysis this kind of stuff becomes tiresome actually and trite.

Personally I feel no need for the "desecration" of the sacred imagery of any faith.

Grateful for some things I've learned on this forum, but not for this.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:29:22 AM by no thanks »

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 07:34:50 AM »
I  suppose I'm expected to be remorsefull and apologetic at this point. I could point to the fact that I've spent many years of my life studying art containing the most Obscure Christian iconography. I could point to the fact that my respect for the form is so great that I knew exactly which painting out of the thousands I've studied would work for this purpose. I suppose I could point you to the Christian songs I learned at the feet of Rev. Davis and have recorded and shared here. I could point to my claim that this is a joke aimed more at myself than at the original occupants of the painting. I could do all that, but ........................

Offline ScottN

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:53:56 AM »
Mr. O Muck- please keep on with the humor in your work.  As a Lutheran (not an Orthodox Christian...), your work doesn't offend me in the slightest in this context.  Whoever thought blues might be humorous, irreverant, and use parody...

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »
Not to fan any flames or anything, but I feel very strongly about this:  As a Christian, I'm offended by poverty, hunger, hatred, bigotry, war, greed, and etc.  I'm NOT offended by a little innocent irreverence.  Don't worry about it, O'Muck. 

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »
Please close my account.

anyone that would go to such lengths to advertise their indignation should close their OWN damn account.

Offline CF

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 05:59:36 PM »
Not to fan any flames or anything, but I feel very strongly about this:  As a Christian, I'm offended by poverty, hunger, hatred, bigotry, war, greed, and etc.  I'm NOT offended by a little innocent irreverence.  Don't worry about it, O'Muck.

That's what I wanted to say, more or less. Great playing & singing Phil, lotsa spirit & feel.
Jesus would love it.
Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal