collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sometimes I say I love you, then again I don't; Sometimes I think I'll quit you, then again I won't - Charlie Patton, Moon Goin' Down

Author Topic: Waxwing John Plays Portland Saturday Market July 31  (Read 885 times)

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Waxwing John Plays Portland Saturday Market July 31
« on: July 30, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »
I know all good Portland Weenies are busy packing or already heading up to PT, but I thought I'd post this anyway.

I came up to Portland last weekend for a yearly musical gathering I attend and stuck around for a few days visiting friends. Decided to busk a bit at the "Last Thursday" street fair on Alberta and after about a half hour was offered an hour and a half set at the Portland Saturday Market, which is a big arts and crafts fair right near the river by the Burnside Bridge. Apparently they had just had a cancellation.

So, anyone interested, come on out and hear the best country blues I can put out, tomorrow, starting at 2 PM and going till 3:30 on the main stage. Should be fun. Sounds like a pretty well attended fair right in the tourist zone. Google Portland Saturday Market if you need directions. Please stop by and say hey.

Wax
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:45:03 PM by waxwing »
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Waxwing John Plays Portland Saturday Market July 31
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »
Way to go, Wax!  I hope you have some fun and sell some CDs.
All best,
Johnm

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Re: Waxwing John Plays Portland Saturday Market July 31
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 05:31:38 PM »
Hey, thanks, Johnm. Well, not many CDs sold, but, well as Terry Robb put it, "You've been in town a week and you got a guarantee?"

Playing went well after I settled down and kinda got the PA dialed in, thanks in part to Chezz. Even had a couple guys knew who Charley Patton was. I'm thinking Portland is about the most knowledgeable town around for this music. At least Left Coast. There were several jug or string bands playing at the street fair and I saw acoustic instruments being carried about everywhere I went.

Wax
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal