collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
This song was covered by a famous rock and roll musician who became a folk singer because he can afford to - Roy Book Binder, introducing Delia, a Gary Davis song

Author Topic: ARI EISINGER Gtr Wkshp FEB 3rd  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Flatd7

• Pre War Blues, Country, Bluegrass & Gospel Music
ARI EISINGER Gtr Wkshp FEB 3rd
« on: November 28, 2006, 07:55:37 AM »
Jeez - I seem to be the only one posting events over here? Oh well, here comes another one . . . . .

Ari Eisinger will be performing in Brooklyn at the Good Coffee House on Friday, February 2nd.

Ari is a rare talent and does not perform or teach workshops as often as we'd like. Although Ari has only released two records since 1991, they are both essential listening for country blues enthusiasts. He has a remarkable grasp of the techniques and repertoire of Blind Blake, Blind Boy Fuller, Blind Lemon Jefferson and Lonnie Johnson among others.

I have arranged to host a guitar workshop with Ari on Saturday, February 3rd at 2 PM in New York City. It will be a Two Hour Workshop and the cost is Sixty Dollars. Ari has chosen to explore the guitar of Lonnie Johnson for this program. Lonnie Johnson was an extraordinary musician who pioneered a style of guitar that blurred the lines between blues and jazz. Ari is one of the few practitioners of this style and it will be an exciting and informative workshop.

If you are interested in registering for this event please contact me at jon@secondfiddles.com . The class will be limited to approximately a dozen students on a first come, first serve basis.

Please take advantage of this rare opportunity to explore the styling of Lonnie Johnson with a true master . . . . . . . . and be sure to attend his performance at the Good Coffee House. New York's premier venue for Country Blues Fingerstyle performances.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: ARI EISINGER Gtr Wkshp FEB 3rd
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 08:20:12 AM »
Jeez - I seem to be the only one posting events over here? Oh well, here comes another one . . . . .

Ari Eisinger will be performing in Brooklyn at the Good Coffee House on Friday, February 2nd.

Jon - no worries about posting events. We're happy you do it. Good job organizing a workshop with Ari. The fact that it's devoted to Lonnie Johnson makes this even more of a rare treat. All folks in the area should be considering this very seriously. Ari is an excellent teacher (he's even been known to hand out tab, for you tab-a-holics :) ) and his Lonnie Johnson playing is as remarkable as his playing of Blind Blake. This one definitely falls under the heading 'rare opportunity'.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:21:03 AM »
Yeah, this is great. I will be out visiting my folks, which I planned so as to take in Ari's perf. I'll make it to the workshop too.

Good work, Jon.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline onewent

• Mr. So and So
    • vintagebluesguitars.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 01:29:47 PM »
..cool, I heard this was in the works, thanks for making it happen ..
Wax, great that you can plan your visit East to coincide .. I'll more than likely make the show, but not the wkshop..  Tom

Offline Flatd7

• Pre War Blues, Country, Bluegrass & Gospel Music
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:36:00 AM »
Happy New Years, Weenies.

Just a friendly reminder that Ari will be coming to town (NYC) at the end of the month. Pre registration is requested and there are still a few spots available.

Happy pick'n. Hope to see you all at The Good Coffee House.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal