collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I think I heard the Bob Lee boat when she moaned - Charlie Patton, Hammer Blues

Author Topic: Big Rock Candy Mountain  (Read 638 times)

Offline Jimmy J

Big Rock Candy Mountain
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:36:17 PM »
Hey Gang,

I took a trip to San Francisco last Easter, for the first time.
I saw a few sights, including some bridge.
A friend in Berkeley drove a carload of us down to The Santa Cruz Ukulele Club Open Mic,
and I finally received a copy of this performance by yours truly.

Another reason I made the trip was to pick up a new National Reso Rocket.
I am happy to report that I have now taken a step or two out of the six-string woodshed with this axe.
Got three great songs in my new repertoire; Mississippi Blues, Hesitation Blues, and Weeping Willow.
Maybe I'll get one of them recorded and posted, someday.
Eventually, I expect to make guitar my principal instrument, but I'll always keep a uke close by...

Yours Truly, Jimmy J
I ukulele, daily.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Big Rock Candy Mountain
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »
Eventually, I expect to make guitar my principal instrument, but I'll always keep a uke close by...

In which case, you can introduce the uke as the "vice principal"--or maybe "assistant principal." (Insert rimshot!) That ought to be good for a few groans... :P

Offline Jimmy J

Re: Big Rock Candy Mountain
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »
Thanks for the rimshot, Stuart!

Ironically, I bought a uke hanger at that same Santa Cruz event, and I wondered if I'd ever find a use for it, or if I'd just kissed another twenty dollar bill goodbye?

However, I recently bought a Hercules guitar stand to hold my Reso Rocket securely for when I'm ukeing it. Well, glory be! I discovered the uke hanger clips right onto the guitar stand, and both nickel-plated brass instruments look great, hanging together! Not so much of a schoolhouse bureaucracy metaphor, perhaps, but more like big brother, followed by little brother.
I ukulele, daily.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal