collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Mr. James, do you think I'll ever be able to play the guitar the way you do?' And Skip James turns to him and he says, 'Son, Skip has been and gone from places you will never get to' - Greil Marcus, account of a conversation with a young acolyte in Skip's dressing room

Linked Events

• Night of Country Blues Guitar: July 23, 2010

Author Topic: A Night of Country Blues Guitar at the Fabulous Jalopy Theatre - July 23  (Read 3586 times)

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
A night of Country Blues guitar at the Fabulous Jalopy Theatre in Red Hook Brooklyn, NY on July 23rd. Music starts at 8PM. You?ll hear music from:

Pat Conte - of the Otis Brothers and curator of the Secret Museum of Mankind

Ari Eisinger - ragtime and blues guitar legend

East River String Band - Country Blues from the 78RPM era

The Little Brothers - music from a time when GIANT BLUESMEN walked the earth

All for a measly 15 bucks!

Offline CF

Wow, what an amazing line-up, that's going to be a good time Frank. Love the poster.
Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Holy smokes what a lineup! Book your flights folks! This is a once in a lifetime worth the trip kinda deal! And who can resist Brooklyn in July?! The great Egyptian collection at the Brooklyn Museum, rare Albert Ryder paintings, Williamsburg, ground zero of twentysomething hipsterism , the botanic gardens (better Japanese garden than San Francisco's Golden Gate Park),
the best medium priced eateries in NY. Pizza to die for! My advice book a cheap flight, stay at a hotel at the airport (much, much cheaper), and spend the difference on taxis.
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Somewhere on a highway, heading towards Brooklyn...

Offline Slack

• Administrator
 :P

If only O'Muck had offered his place to stay - we'd ALL be going!

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
It's definitely looks like it's going to be a great evening of music. There are no excuses for being within striking distance and not making an effort to catch the show. Thanks for the heads up, Frankie!

P.S. Round up some spare mattresses and get ready to put 'em on the floor, Mr. O--the crash pad days may be comin' back to haunt ya!

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Would that I could fellas. Oncet upon a time however my place ( as in bachelor digs) really was a part time international hostel. :D
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
Somewhere on a highway, heading towards Brooklyn...

Nice....

It's gonna be a time, even if we can't all crash at chez O'Muck.  There's gonna be some stuff you couldn't possibly expect, either.  You may SUSpect it, but there's no way anybody in their right mind would EXpect it.

Offline J. H. Deeley

Come back to Philly!

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
There's gonna be some stuff you couldn't possibly expect, either.  You may SUSpect it, but there's no way anybody in their right mind would EXpect it.

Ari playing Jimmy Reed?

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
You may SUSpect it, but there's no way anybody in their right mind would EXpect it.

Assumptions, assumptions...remember who you're talking to, Frankie.

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
Come back to Philly!

Hi J.H. - We'll be in Philly on Saturday, October 9th at the Green Line Cafe.  It'll be good to be back!

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
[Assumptions, assumptions...remember who you're talking to, Frankie.

errrm...  present company excepted, of course.

Offline J. H. Deeley

Come back to Philly!

Hi J.H. - We'll be in Philly on Saturday, October 9th at the Green Line Cafe.  It'll be good to be back!

Great news!. I saw you at John's house a few months ago. Your band was terrific!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal