collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Flying isn't the hard part, landing in the net is - Mario Zacchini, Human Cannonball

Author Topic: New and Improved - Weenie Juke Radio!  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
New and Improved - Weenie Juke Radio!
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:13:02 PM »
Dear Weenies and Other Dignitaries,

Rivers (aka Mark Herman), our resident Computer Graphics Expert, PHP Programming Wizard and just an all around Swell and Geeky Guy! -has been working hard on cleaning up and integrating Weenie Juke Radio.   For you technical folks: it looks real good and works even better.  So take a minute to explore the The New and Improved Juke interface.

We've also updated and simplified our instructions on how to tune in to the Juke over in the Weenie Juke Radio board - so please peruse those instructions, keep us honest, make sure they work and make sense to you.

Thanks Rivers - it really looks fabulous!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:14:05 PM by Slack »

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: New and Improved - Weenie Juke Radio!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 04:35:37 PM »
Thank you Slack, my pleasure. It was a lot of fun stealing all your code, tweaking here and there and plugging it into the SimplePortal infrastructure, I had a ball.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:47:02 PM by Rivers »

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »
Absolutely enjoying it! Thank you guys for the magic!  8)

Cheers

Pan

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »
Hey Pan,

Many thanks for the feedback man!

Question, are you able to determine if you're getting the 32- or 64 Kbps stream over there in Deutschland?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:12:22 PM by Rivers »

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 03:53:25 AM »
Question, are you able to determine if you're getting the 32- or 64 Kbps stream over there in Deutschland?

Hi Rivers.

You should know better than to ask me a technical question!  :P

Anyway, on the new Weenie Juke page, the option between the two streams you mention doesn't seem to exist. You've just got a "Tune in" button.

However, I just found, that in my bookmarks, I have a link to a Weenie Juke page where these options appear to be existing. Clicking on all three options seem to lead to the same LoudCity page however, so I'm not sure if a choice really exists.

Hope this helps!  :-\

Cheers

Pan

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 07:59:27 AM »
Taking a break from packing    :( 

That looks good and is so much easier to tune into  :)
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »
Taking a break from packing    :( 

That looks good and is so much easier to tune into  :)
Yes, but do they still have that weird bloke doing the announcements??
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »

Anyway, on the new Weenie Juke page, the option between the two streams you mention doesn't seem to exist. You've just got a "Tune in" button.

Yes, we took the slower stream off as an option since, as you say, we'd noticed everyone seemed to be getting the 64 Kbps stream, so the 32 Kbps button was redundant. Which is why I was asking the question; I was wondering if the LoudCity server was smart enough to know how fast the listener's connection was, and then downloading accordingly. I picked you as tester because you're a few thousand kms away and would likely be getting a slower stream, if they are automatically switching the stream speed.

However, I just found, that in my bookmarks, I have a link to a Weenie Juke page where these options appear to be existing. Clicking on all three options seem to lead to the same LoudCity page however, so I'm not sure if a choice really exists.

I think that's correct Pan, LoudCity appear to be only streaming the 64 Kbs stream, no matter which one you select. Many thanks for the feedback.

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »

Yes, we took the slower stream off as an option since, as you say, we'd noticed everyone seemed to be getting the 64 Kbps stream, so the 32 Kbps button was redundant. Which is why I was asking the question; I was wondering if the LoudCity server was smart enough to know how fast the listener's connection was, and then downloading accordingly. I picked you as tester because you're a few thousand kms away and would likely be getting a slower stream, if they are automatically switching the stream speed.

I think that's correct Pan, LoudCity appear to be only streaming the 64 Kbs stream, no matter which one you select. Many thanks for the feedback.

Well I'm glad if I could help! And thank you again for keeping it on the air!   :)

Cheers

Pan

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »
And congratulations on your 1,000th post!

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 05:21:18 PM »
And congratulations on your 1,000th post!

WHAT!  :o

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal