collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
A great piece. Guitar all but inaudible. Raw Sludge. Literally fantastic. They were probably street singers who sang lots of songs about happenings in the news. Wish we could hear news like this now - John Fahey, on William and Versey Smith, When That Great Ship Went Down

Author Topic: Seattle pre-soak Saturday 9/24 before show at Dusty Strings  (Read 1940 times)

Emma Lee

Seattle pre-soak Saturday 9/24 before show at Dusty Strings
« on: September 10, 2005, 03:05:01 PM »
Hello Seattle-area Weenies and other dignitaries --

John Miller, Orville Johnson, and Grant Dermody are playing at Dusty Strings on Saturday 9/24 at 7:30pm. These three amazing players and PTCBW teachers are not to be missed. (Dusty Strings, 3406 Fremont Ave N., the acoustic music shop, has a fairly recently expanded, venue/stage area, and they also seem to be stocking more country blues music and books than they used to -- very good developments.)

Earlier in the day, the three are also teaching a Blues Band Workshop there 12:30-2:30pm. More info: http://www.dustystrings.com/shop/workshops.shtml#092402 .

KC King and I were thinking it would be fun to get folks together in the Fremont neighborhood before (and/or after) the show. About ten feet away from Dusty Strings' door, on the corner of 34th and Fremont, there is a big fat Greek restaurant called Costas. We were thinking of going there around 6pm and having a drink or a bite and we would love to get together with any PTCBW/Weenies types and their cohorts to hang out, say hi, etc. Howzabout it?

hopefully see you there,
Emma Lee and KC King

Offline cmr

• Geological Sciences (work)
Re: Seattle pre-soak Saturday 9/24 before show at Dusty Strings
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 07:08:25 PM »
Emma Lee and KC

I need to check weekend commitments on  9/24 , I'd love to see you guys before the concert.  I will be in Seattle on 9/17 (Saturday); I am taking lessons from John M!   Charlie R.

Offline cmr

• Geological Sciences (work)
Re: Seattle pre-soak Saturday 9/24 before show at Dusty Strings
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 08:30:51 PM »
Emma Lee and KC
I will be at Dusty Strings on Saturday 9/24 a with my two daughters.  Perhaps we might see each other at  Costas, if not save seats for three.  My kids like to seat up front and close.  Cheers, Charlie

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal