collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
John said he had been to the doctor, who said, "You gotta quit smoking those Camels". Eyeing the cigarette that John was about to place in his mouth, someone said "But John, you're still smoking", to which John replied, "Well, he didn't say nothin' about Pall Malls" - from Phil Ratcliffe's Biography of Mississippi John Hurt

Author Topic: Weenieology CD-2!  (Read 2952 times)

Bee

Weenieology CD-2!
« on: June 11, 2005, 01:18:32 AM »
I like what I read ..I only just found this site today!  I am interested in if this is like some kind of movement for anything special sepcifically??

I am in Australia .... I love the Blues because I can hear the inner sound form where it really comes from. I am so not into the projection of the perfect mask we as human put on so it is great to hear the sounds of soul coming straight through.

Just thought I'd say this ..

L

Bee

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
Re: Weenieology CD-2!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 05:57:15 AM »
I love the Blues because I can hear the inner sound form where it really comes from. I am so not into the projection of the perfect mask we as human put on so it is great to hear the sounds of soul coming straight through.

well said - I'll let others more official be more official, but, perhaps you answered your own question!

tom

boots

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 02:14:21 PM »
...  I am interested in if this is like some kind of movement for anything special sepcifically??

Another unofficial statement: we are not a movement.... but we sure do have one. :)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 08:22:10 PM »
The fact that there is a process by which we have gravitated to a common place, and share an affinity for what this site is about, to me at least, requires no explanation. Resonance.

Uncle Stuie

Offline phhawk

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 08:22:34 PM »
Being the person that put together the Weenieology CD's and probably coined the term Weenieology; I thought I'd better weigh in on this connversation.

While many people may think that Weenie Campbell is some kind of religious cult ?that seeks spiritual enlightenment from ingesting hot dogs and canned soup; that is not the case (with the possible exception of Boots and myself).

Having listened to a good bit of Weenie Campbell, I gathered that not only was the primary focus of Weenie Campbell, Country Blues, it also included other music that may have influenced, or more likely have been influenced by Country Blues and music that has directly evolved from Country Blues. Which is a tribute from WC to these great artists that have influenced virtually all of American music and music of the world. I tried to capture that spirit of Weenie Campbell in those Cd's, therefore the name Weenieology.

Phil ?

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 09:11:01 PM »
While many people may think that Weenie Campbell is some kind of religious cult  that seeks spiritual enlightenment from ingesting hot dogs and canned soup; that is not the case (with the possible exception of Boots and myself).

For a higher level of enlightenment have you tried hot tamales and canned heat?

Secret cult decoder rings are next.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 09:26:51 PM »
Music is an emotional language. Resonance of the human spirit. And I'm a hot dog and canned soup guy myself sometimes. But no Sterno in my diet--not yet, anyway. Their site--Sterno.com--makes no mention of enlightenment--(maybe it goes without saying?)

Offline phhawk

• Howdy!
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 10:03:20 PM »
Hot Tamales, 6 Pack of Tecate, Weenie Campbell - I'm there!  Think I'll pass on the sterno though.

boots

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 12:26:36 AM »
Sterno - Wow!

We're still cooking with gas. :)

Offline outfidel

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 05:31:00 AM »
I like Weenieology music because it tells great stories, plus you can dance to it. What more could you want from music?
Support musicians in need - join the Music Maker Relief Foundation

boots

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 10:04:55 AM »
I like Weenieology music because it tells great stories, plus you can dance to it. What more could you want from music?

You've won the tie-break slogan. Your prize is to sit in the station while DJ Richard presents one of his shows. :)

lebordo

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 10:59:28 AM »
Personally, I'm a long time wino -- I prefer a good bottle of claret (or Bordeaux, if you prefer), some cheese (Brie works just fine, thank you) and crackers.  That, a good woman in my arms, and the Weenie Juke playing endless blues, and I'm as close to Heaven as possible while still alive.  Throw in some good old fire and brimstone gospel sermons, and I'd say this can be a VERY religious experience.

boots

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 11:08:50 AM »
Sorry Paul you didn't win. I'm sure Richard will throw in a little cheese & wine. ;)

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal