collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I just don't find any sadness in the blues... I get a happy feeling when I hear a guitar tuning up. - Etta Baker, quoted in Woman With Guitar: Memphis Minnie's Blues by Paul and Beth Garon

Author Topic: Stefan Wirz's site is a treasure trove for blues and folk research.  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Sigmund

• Howdy!
I love his site and have it bookmarked for ready refernce.

http://www.wirz.de/music/american.htm

[edit: removed blank space from pos 1 in topic title so it sorts correctly in the tag results]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:24:20 AM by Rivers »

Offline Bunker Hill

Stefan's site is a treasure trove for blues and folk research.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 01:23:57 AM »
I love his site and have it bookmarked for ready refernce.
This is straying away from the review but can't think how, or where, else to put this given the structure but I sometimes wonder if Stefan ever sleeps (he's recently added four new sections). I'm of the opinion that if he's conscientious enough to supply folk with this resource the least we can do is support him by helping him fill his gaps.
End of non review. Perhaps a moderator can better place this.

Offline MTJ3

• Howdy!
Stefan's site is a treasure trove for blues and folk research.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 08:40:31 AM »
Excellent suggestion re supporting Stefan's efforts.  I believe he may be lurking out there reading these posts.  He may be interested in showing items only from his own collection, which is fine, but if he's willing to include stuff from others, then I, for example, would be happy to send jpegs of, say, Henry Townsend LPs that he doesn't have listed on his site or some the Belzonas.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Stefan's site is a treasure trove for blues and folk research.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 09:06:37 AM »
I split off and moved this topic (and tucked in Stefan Wirz's website address at the top).

Stefan does check in at Weenie fairly regularly, so if he does like the idea of some help, I'm sure he'll pipe up. I agree it is a tremendous resource that has sorted out confusion for me many times. And has also made me track down more things to purchase.

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
Re: Stefan's site is a treasure trove for blues and folk research.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 08:19:47 AM »
who would have thought: My site as subject of a WeenieCampbell threat - Too much honour ...
And, answering some questions that might or might not have been asked:
1. Yes, I *do* sleep from time to time ;-)
2. Yes, I *do* use other people's - mainly eBay - pictures to illustrate my discographies - why not your's ?!?
3. No, I do not like people sending me material (without having asked them to do so) and a few weeks after complain that I *still* have not added these info to my pages ;-)
4. I have lots of material on my hard disk drive not yet added to my site and I do *not* add it in any systematical way
5. No, I wouldn't call the way I try to contribute in some forums 'lurking' - I admit I'm more interested in the *facts* I can learn from forums (or sometimes even can contribute to) than in the mere communication process (that's also a question of how much time I can spend: As a non english-speaking member I have to spend approximately three times as much as others in order not to make a fool of myself or to confuse others by expressing myself muddled)

Conclusion: You can all send me whatever you like, but in order not to do useless work you should first ask me if I myself somewhere might have the things you can add - and please be patient with me adding those info to my site: I intend to be able to sleep now and then in the future (besides having a very time-consuming day job and a family)

Stefan

Tags: discographies 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal