collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sister Fullbosom, you sure guttin' that thing - Jim Clarke, Fat Fanny Stomp

Author Topic: Steve Cheseborough's Southside Jook Joint  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Chezztone

• Hey!
    • Steve Cheseborough 1920s-30s-style blues
Steve Cheseborough's Southside Jook Joint
« on: August 13, 2008, 10:03:09 PM »
For anyone who lives in or near Portland, or might be passing through:
Steve Cheseborough's Southside Jook Joint, an acoustic blues open mic/jam, debuts 7:30-10:30 p.m. this Friday (Aug 15) at 9 Muses Pub, 2715 SE Belmont Ave., Portland, Ore. Come to play something by yourself or with your group, to jam or invite others to jam with you, or to listen! It happens again Sept. 19, Oct. 31, Nov. 21 and Dec. 19 (and possibly will continue next year).
I was asked to host an acoustic blues jam. But since the country-blues tradition is largely about solo singer-instrumentalists, I made it an open mic and jam. You are welcome to come and play something by yourself without fear of uninvited jammers jumping onstage with you! Or if you have a duo, trio or larger group that you've worked out some songs with, you can do that. Or if you want to invite people to come sit in, or sign up as a jammer who wants to get invited up to sit in with others, that's cool too. The only rules are that you play the blues and you use only acoustic instruments. Yes, that applies to bass players too! Only upright bass (or jug or washtub or acoustic bass guitar). There will be a piano there. Percussion is limited to tambourine, spoons, bones or washboard. No trap drums or cymbals, etc. Contact me or the club if you have any other questions, or just come by! Cheers, Chezz

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal