collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
First thing you got to remember, there ain't no money above the fifth fret - Larry Barnwell, a regional sales rep for the Martin Guitar Company and a good flatpicker, when asked by a potential customer, a fingerpicker, whether he should buy a 12- or 14-fret guitar

Author Topic: The Guitar Of Blind Willie Johnson - Lesson  (Read 6845 times)

Offline jopoke

Re: The Guitar Of Blind Willie Johnson - Lesson
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 04:17:28 PM »
Good one Uncle Bud!

I am excited to try out the Apple tv.  We just upgraded our home entertainment system to the 21st century.  I want to play my iTunes via the new sound system and would also like to skype via the tv.  Need to get a new router when I get the apple tv.  Lots to learn....

Thanks, Joe

Offline Steve Pajik

Re: The Guitar Of Blind Willie Johnson - Lesson
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 05:02:55 PM »
For what it's worth (admittedly, probably not much!), here's my $0.02.  :)

I've ordered several SG Workshop DVDs in the past (I love yours, Mr. Miller!) but have since become a convert to the downloaded LeapBrain versions. Why? Well, I watch the DVDs on my laptop anyway, plus, I love being able to order the vids, download them, and then be watching 'em within a mere 5-10 minutes! I hate waiting weeks for DVDs to arrive!!!  >:(  Of course, I live in Canada, so that probably slows down delivery a wee bit.  :(

Having said all that, the quality is a little better on the DVDs; however, the LeapBrain versions are more than adequate (for me at least). Not as if I require guitar lessons in hi-def!  :P  In fact, I usually make an .avi file of all the DVD lessons I have, so that I can access them on my computer along with the LeapBrain ones.

Another bonus is that as long as I have an account with SG, I can download the lessons to any other computer of mine. So portability is there. That was the clincher for me: always having access to the lessons - even if my current computer bonks out on me ... which, if history is any indication, is inevitable!

Anyway, I'm a computer-y, laptop-y kinda guy, so this works for me.  :D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:04:54 PM by Deaf Steever »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal