collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way did not become still more complicated - Poul Anderson

Author Topic: Rough guide to the blues  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Rough guide to the blues
« on: February 17, 2007, 03:33:51 AM »
I was just sent this from Amazon, extolling the virtures of this book. I have not seen the book, but sending out this sort spiel can do it no favours with gems like "From music legend B.B. King to folk hero Robert Johnson..."

Synopsis
"The Rough Guide to Blues" gives you the complete lowdown on all the grittiest singers, bottleneck guitarists, belt-it-out divas and wailing harmonica players that made the most influential music of the last century. From music legend B.B. King to folk hero Robert Johnson, the guide includes detailed profiles of hundreds of artists and critical reviews of their best albums. The fascinating story is told in full - how the blues crawled from the Mississippi Delta, went electric in the big cities, and spread across the world - with feature boxes on topics like boogie woogie, gospel and the best blues record labels. Check out the ten greatest slide-guitar tracks - or the ten most miserable "woke up this mornin"s with the handy playlists that help you to pick'n'choose quick "best of's" to download to your iPod or MP3 player.

But the best bit was when I clicked on the more info link and was told it was unavailable  :D
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Bunker Hill

Re: Rough guide to the blues
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 03:44:08 AM »
I too got the notification. The author/compiler a decade back wrote a book which examined the songs of Neil Young. S-a-y no more...

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Re: Rough guide to the blues
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 07:48:19 AM »
The poor child..
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Tags: books 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal