collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
When you hear Gary play that song 50 years later, or when he was in his prime at whatever time period, and brilliant on top of it, that's a really damaging thing to the head. That causes a lot of people not to be able to play all their creative energy because they're really just playing with their own head - Jerry Ricks, Port Townsend 97

Linked Events

• Johnson, Miller & Dermody CD release concert, Seattle: February 25, 2012

Author Topic: Johnson, Miller & Dermody CD release concert, Seattle, on 2/25  (Read 629 times)

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Johnson, Miller & Dermody CD release concert, Seattle, on 2/25
« on: February 06, 2012, 09:42:09 AM »
Hi,
I wanted to let you know about a concert that the Seattle Folklore Society will be hosting on February 25, 2012 featuring Johnson, Miller & Dermody, celebrating the release of our new CD, "We Heard The Voice of a Porkchop". Our trio features Orville Johnson on mandolin, John Miller on guitar, and Grant Dermody on harmonica, and we trade off on vocals, performing a variety of Country Blues classics and originals. 

The concert on the 25th will be held at Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church, located at 7500 Greenwood Ave. N., 98103, in Seattle, and will start at 7:30.  General admission tickets are $15.00, with Seattle Folklore Society members and seniors getting $2.00 off on the price of admission and kids admitted at half price.  You may call a 24-hour reservation hotline to save your seat at 206-528-8523.

We hope you can make it to the show.  We're excited about the CD and welcome the opportunity to share some of that excitement with you and give you a chance to listen to the porkchop.

All best,
John Miller
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:10:12 AM by Slack »

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Johnson, Miller & Dermody CD release concert, Seattle, on 2/25
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 07:46:11 AM »
Hi all,
Just a reminder of our Seattle CD release concert tonight.  I hope some of you in the Seattle/Everett/Tacoma/Bremerton/East Side areas can make it down tonight.  Details on the show are in the previous post.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:37:25 PM »
Great concert!

Offline ScottN

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:41:02 PM »
I'll second that...I'm still hearing porkchop voices in my head. 

John, re: Mr. Johnson's bemoaning the number of strings on that beautiful 9-string guitar, he's just jealous because you figured out a way to one-up his mandolin ;-)

In all seriousness, wonderful work by all, I thoroughly enjoyed the entire evening.

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »
Thanks Scott and Stuart, I'm glad you could make it to the concert.  I really liked the sound in the church, though I suspect it was tricky for Bob, dealing with how live the room was.  It's really fun playing with Orville and Grant--like attending a concert and playing one at the same time, to hear those guys do what they do.
All best,
Johnm

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal