collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The sweet, passionate melody captivated his heart from the first note; it was full of radiance, full of the tender throbbing of inspiration and happiness and beauty, continually growing and melting away; it rumoured of everything on earth that is dear and secret and sacred to mankind; it breathed of immortal sadness and it departed from the earth to die in the heavens - Ivan Turgenev

Author Topic: Devin Champlin - Seattle - 11/11  (Read 919 times)

Offline nobocaster

• Hot Dog!
Devin Champlin - Seattle - 11/11
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:55:21 PM »
Hey Folks,

Attention Seattle-area Weenies...

I'll be playing a solo set at Percy's in Ballard this Tuesday night!  I'll be up in the front window, and I imagine this to be somewhat of a background entertainment kinda thing.  So I'll be enjoying myself, noodling away on some oldie moldies, blue standards, and perhaps some Fahey-inspired ramblings.  Hope to see you!

Tuesday, Nov 11, 9-11pm
Percy's & Co, 5233 Ballard Ave, Seattle
Free

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Devin Champlin - Seattle - 11/11
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 11:56:34 AM »
Hi Devin,
I was not in Seattle when you played.  How did it go, and how was Percy's to play for you?  I hope to catch you next time.
All best,
Johnm

Offline nobocaster

• Hot Dog!
Re: Devin Champlin - Seattle - 11/11
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 02:32:17 PM »
 Hi John,

It was a fun night.  It was, as I expected, mostly a background music kind of thing.  A few friends and folks came out, including Del Rey.  If you had been there too, I think I really would have really been sweating with the "better play this one good, 'cause the folks out there know" blues! 

Percy's is a fairly new bar, but in a lovely old building, and they're booking Tuesday nights and Sunday brunches, mostly duos and solo acts.  I'll try to keep you posted for next time!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal