collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I love my baby like a cow loves to chaw her cud, but that fool moved off and left me, she done moved to the piney woods - Blind Lemon Jefferson, Piney Woods Money Mama

Author Topic: See me playing!: My videos  (Read 6292 times)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: See me playing!: My videos
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 08:13:26 AM »
1)What?s wrong with "pretty polished pieces" or "clean songs"??

2)Have you ever heard to Ari Eisinger???. Extremely clean a a lot of expressive.

3)Why the blues (or ragtime) must sound "dirty" o full of "technical mistakes" ??

Hi Gustavo:

I'm speaking only for myself in answering your questions.

1) Absolutely nothing.

2) Sure I've heard of Ari. Check out the comments and review by our own Uncle Bud. IMHO Ari and his music is/are top shelf stuff, and I wouldn't want him to change a thing--except release more CDs.

3) Blues or ragtime doesn't have to sound dirty or full of technical mistakes.

My last comment in my post was meant to direct you toward the more percussive players and perhaps expand your playing so as to include some of their technique. It was just a suggestion, one that you do not have to follow. A few others are:

Find yourself and be yourself--musically and otherwise.

There are a couple of old sayings: "To each his/her own" and "Live and let live." Perhaps these can be modified to "To each his/her own music" and "Play and let play."

I hope the above serve to clarify my previous comments.

Regards,

Stuart

gus30tavo

Following your advices!!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 09:01:29 AM »
Hello everybody.
I've been working on my right hand and trying to change the position. Large nails too. New sound and more expressively.....(??). I sang a couple of verses... ;D
What do you think about??.
Thanks a lot.

One Dime Blues

leonard

Re: See me playing!: My videos
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 03:31:51 PM »
Hey Gustavo
I saw some of your video's. You are very good. I was very impressed.
I've been to Jorma's guitar camp 3 times. Had class with Jorma, Roy Bookbinder and John Hammond,I'll not play that good in this lifetime!
Very Nice! Great style! Keep up the good work.   Lenny

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal