collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It can be argued that Chess is the Robert Johnson of record labels: over-emphasized and sometimes over-hyped, endlessly recycled, barnacled with legends and namechecked by ignorati anxious to establish their cred. And yet - also like Robert Johnson - in an active life that was fairly short, Chess produced music of vast artistic and historical importance - Chris Smith, review of Chess Blues various artist compilations in the 2006 Penguin Guide To Blues Recordings p. 780

Author Topic: blues at Puget Sound Guitar Workshop  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Chezztone

• Hey!
    • Steve Cheseborough 1920s-30s-style blues
blues at Puget Sound Guitar Workshop
« on: May 15, 2006, 04:11:27 PM »
Hey all -- It feels a bit blasphemous to promote another music camp on this website. But if anyone has the time and money to attend a second camp this summer (or for some reason can't make it to Port T and is looking for an alternative) then consider going to Puget Sound Guitar Workshop's session 3, Aug. 12-18. That session will feature tons of blues instruction, with Del Rey, Pat Donohue and me all on staff. Del is teaching "Boogie Woogie Guitar" and "Fingerstyle Ukulele," Pat teaches "Masters of Fingerstyle Blues Guitar" and "Fingerstyle Improv" and I teach "Mississippi Blues Guitar" and lead the "Puget Sound Jug Stompers." Lots of other classes going on, from banjo to songwriting to gamelan. PSGW also has two other sessions, but I recommend this one for the blues content (and because it doesn't conflict with Port T). The camp web site is www.psgw.org . I haven't been to it before but I've heard good things about it. If you come, bring jug-band instruments! Cheers, Chezz
Steve Cheseborough

Offline bob long

• Bob Long
Re: blues at Puget Sound Guitar Workshop
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:54:01 AM »
Hi Steve
The PSGW sounds great! I have happy memories of us doing the Delta Sounds radio programme on KFFA with Terry Buckalew last year. You played some lovely Bo Carter stuff  and I did a Memphis Minnie song with the dubious lyrics! I was back in Mississippi last month to play in the Clarksdale Juke Joint Festival and took the opportunity to go back to Helena where I was warmly welcomed. Sonny Payne is still going strong and he kindly invited me to be a guest on King Biscuit Time.Terry was on good form too. We had a few laughs; I was trying to introduce Police Dog Blues and Sonny dived into his sound effects library and broadcasted the barking of a big, mean dog...

I take your book with me every time I go to Mississippi! Take a look at my photos on my website bobalong.co.uk

Best wishes

Bob Long

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal