collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
When people from Australia or Japan or Italy say, 'Oh, I love the blues,' they're not talking about the Southwest blues styles, the Georgia 12-string players, ragtime Piedmont styles or whatever. It's the Delta blues. If you say, 'Who do you like?' they'll name Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Son House - Dick Waterman, to Francis Davis, quoted in Davis' book

Author Topic: Small-body, Retrofit, Stella style 12-string on ebay  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Small-body, Retrofit, Stella style 12-string on ebay
« on: January 20, 2005, 09:16:45 AM »
I've followed Duane Heilman's work as a luthier for a number of years and he does excellent work - this could be a interesting one to follow and maybe bid on - if you are interested in this style 12 string.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1&Item=3777095701

Cheers,
slack

Ignatznochops

Re: Small-body, Retrofit, Stella style 12-string on ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 05:55:40 PM »
24.25 seems like very short scale for a 12 string - would it end up sounding like a tiple?. Interesting concept, and maybe this would be something to think about doing to my surplus Oscar Schmidt-made instruments. However, it would seem that a top on such a small straight-braced body would have to be reinforced to the point of deadness in order for it not to fold in half...

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Small-body, Retrofit, Stella style 12-string on ebay
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 08:31:13 PM »
Good points Joe - but I wouldn't think it would be heavily re-enforced with a 24.25 scale.... less tension with a short scale.  It is a short scale, but a tiple would have a scale of 13" or so.  24.25 is more like the scale of a Parlor guitar.  Interesting beast.  Satisfaction guaranteed - which his 100% feedback would indicate.

cheers,
slack

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal