collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
That's a dirty song, I better stop there, that's too dirty, that's a dirty song, that's that Rollin' Stone - Scott Dunbar cracks himself up in Sweet Mama Rollin' Stone

Author Topic: Lightnin' Wells 'Shake Em On Down" review  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Lightnin' Wells 'Shake Em On Down" review
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:50:14 AM »
Nice review from Living Blues on one of our favorite Port Townsend faculty - Lightnin' 'Party in a Box' Wells.

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
Re: Lightnin' Wells 'Shake Em On Down" review
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 01:06:39 PM »
Gee Mr. Slack - that's a pretty nice review. I'm not needing because I already have a copy, and have also given a few as gifts. However, if I did want to score one of these hot little puppies, and drew blank stares in my local CD emporium, what might Lightnin' suggest as his preferred point of sale? Amazon? CD Baby? Or perhaps the artist's own website?

I've been told that in addition to stellar recorded content, Lightnin' has demonstrated impeccable taste in his artwork choices for this handsome little package.
 8)

Congratulations and best wishes to my good buddy down there in Fountain, NC - may your In Box fill with orders, and your phone ring off the hook with people wanting to book gigs!
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:10:34 PM »
Looks like they are not for sale on Lightnin's website, so I'd suggest CDBaby FP.

http://cdbaby.com/found?allsearch=lightnin%27+wells&submit=

Lightnin' has demonstrated impeccable taste in his artwork choices for this handsome little package.

You'd think he'd at least comb his hair.  :P
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:11:46 PM by Slack »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »
You can also get it online at the R.A. Fountain General Store. I'd shop there just 'cause of this photo below they're using to advertise Lightnin's CD. FP, looks like someone busted into a vehicle to get to the music and perhaps the photography, or is this one of your art installations you're planning for in retirement?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 02:22:28 PM by uncle bud »

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:51:39 PM »
Damn, that is a good likeness of our wooly-headed friend. I'm surpised to see that some folks will break into a car just to lay their hands on one of those pictures. Could this be the beginning of a series of highly collectable acoustic blues trading cards?
 ;)
Cheers,
FrontPage

Tags: Lightnin' Wells 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal