collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Dang! This is the worst doughnut I ever did eat - Bill Monroe takes his first bite of a bagel, newspaper article on the 50th anniversary of the St. Viateur bagel shop

Author Topic: ***** EuroBlues Weekend 2018 *****  (Read 5364 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
***** EuroBlues Weekend 2018 *****
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:54:19 AM »
Hello weenies,

I would appreciate some input on this - the Webbington whilst delighted to have us again in 2018 have though changed their booking system and wanted me to pay something towards the block booking up-front! 

As you will appreciate I felt there was limit to that and after some negotiation they have suggested this arrangement - which to me seems an admirable compromise -

I have explained our long standing relationship with you as a group and he (the manager) has offered that if we have the full balance the day prior to arrival, then he happy to keep this agreement going forward. Basically, we are asking for payment prior to arrival and I appreciate that this may a problem too far in advance.

Could you let me know asap if this is agreeable with you all - or at least those who know they will theoretically attending, how could you miss it! -  or even better if you could pay when booking. that would be good for our brownie-points

I have provisional dates for Friday 13 (yes13) and Sat 14 April 2018 with the free use of the dreaded library AND they will do the same room rates for us again.

(That's enough of that. Ed)

Online Marshcat

• Aloha!
Re: ***** EuroBlues Weekend 2018 *****
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 11:24:37 PM »
Maybe we could make it even easier for the hotel by paying in full up front and not turning up at all...

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 07:57:45 AM »
Well thanks for overwhelming repose, it looks to me as though Stuart has the best solution...

The dates ARE booked 13-14 April 2018 and I will post here again to confirm the agreed payment arrangement once I receive it from the hotel.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 09:39:16 AM »
I am happy to pay in full at the time of booking, despite my antipathy towards those who feel it necessary to replace the perfectly serviceable 'in future' with 'going forward'!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 11:16:59 AM »
Thanks Prof, seems the ideal solution - I'd hazard a guess that the new payment edict which came from on high could be the result of new management.

Offline Mike Shipman

• Howdy!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 01:41:11 AM »
Hi Richard,
I'm intending
to attend
the 2018 weekend
but I don't comprehend
the trend
for the spend
on the dividend
at this early point in time....(oh bugger, couldn't think of another rhyme).

Payment at time of confirming the booking is fine by me.
Sorry for my tardiness in late response, I do not look at the weenies world wide interweb page frequently enough!

Cheers, Mike

ps - I'm now retired!
Mike Shipman
New Forest - Hampshire, UK.

Offline harvey

• Howdy!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 02:03:43 AM »
Sorry for lack of response Richard, I will of course try and make an appearance next year, and happy to loan the hotel some money, my rates are very reasonable  :D

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 01:18:49 PM »
Excellent men, after various emails and missed calls with the Webb I had reached saturation point and was beginning to think what's the bloody point anyway! 

I couldn't give a stuff how I pay for it, it does seem the easiest thing would be to pay when you book.. although I'm not sure if that is acceptable by the Webb...!

Enough!

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 02:30:36 AM »
As far as I know, past history should indicate they have nothing to worry about. To the best of my knowledge, we've not had people booking and then not showing up - nor turning up, staying and not paying.

And as per usual, kudos and thanks to Richard for his tireless efforts in this respect.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 05:09:08 AM »
Ditto. Mind you, they've probably got wind of the fact that Yorkshire fowk are amongst the guests..?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 06:44:37 AM »
Indeed . They have no problem with our impeccable credit history and we are now unbelievably established clients, it's just they have to comply with the new rules and regulations they have set themselves, in which case Razor Jim should be the one to sort it all out!

I didn't like to say it, but it could also be the Yorkshire factor.

Offline Mike Shipman

• Howdy!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 04:23:06 AM »
Right,  its September, so it must be time to start saving my pennies toward the cost of the Weenie 2018 extravaganza, Fri 13 April - Sun 15th April. Best try to rustle up some new numbers too!
Mike Shipman
New Forest - Hampshire, UK.

Offline Parakeet Pete

• Howdy!
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 04:45:26 AM »
Forgive a newbie asking, ut what is EuroBlues Weekend? My tail is waggin' at the thought.
When I die I don't want no preacher or grave. Just send me to Document Records.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 06:19:33 AM »
Ah, a new keen weenie...

Basically the weekend has been going for getting on for what must be ten years and is simply a get together of derelict and semi-derelict weenie types for a couple of days of hotel based musical fun and frivolity. Nothing really to fear over the level of musical competence since I have dropped the grade nine requirement for incumbent's now to simply be able to hold the instrument the right way up.

Suggest you send me a pm if you think you might be interested and have any questions....

Where are you based?

R

Offline Parakeet Pete

• Howdy!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 10:02:48 AM »
pm'd you.
When I die I don't want no preacher or grave. Just send me to Document Records.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal