collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It was just before I went into the army about 40, 42 I think, I heard of a guy called T-Bone Walker and that was the first electric guitar I'd ever heard... and I went crazy, I went completely nutty... I think that he had the clearest touch of anybody I'd ever heard on guitar then - B.B King on T-Bone Walker, from Giles Oakley's The Devil's Music, BBC

Author Topic: Ari Eisinger's Blind Blake, Lonnie Johnson DVDs on the way  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Ari Eisinger's Blind Blake, Lonnie Johnson DVDs on the way
« on: October 08, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »
Hi all,
Some of you may have noted on the Stefan Grossman Woodshed recently that Ari went into the studio last week-end to film his long-awaited instructional DVDs on Blind Blake and Lonnie Johnson.  I queried Ari at his own website as to what Johnson and Blake tunes would be included on the DVDs and he responded with the following:

"I finished recording the Lonnie DVD last weekend and started the Blake. I'll be finishing the Blake soon. On the Lonnie DVDs I taught parts of:

-- I'm So Tired Of Living All Alone
-- Woke Up With The Blues In My Fingers
-- Uncle Ned Don't Use Your Head
-- To Do This You Got To Know How.

I also did three slow breaks myself in Lonnie style.

For the Blake, I plan to do Rope Stretching Blues, Baby Lou Blues, Southern Rag and one or two more."

For people who are comfortable learning from a DVD format, I can't imagine a better way to study the music of these two great players than with Ari Eisinger, a great player himself.  I don't believe any prospective release date has been set at this point, and it sounds as though there is some yet to do on the Blake DVD, but if you are interested you may want to keep your eyes peeled for the release of these DVDs.  If you'd like more info on Ari, you can visit his website at www.secondmind.com.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
Re: Ari Eisinger's Blind Blake, Lonnie Johnson DVDs on the way
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 03:33:16 PM »
Thanks for the info John.  Whilst I'm not crazy about Lonnie Johnson personally, the prospect of a Blake lesson from Ari is fantastic.

No one has ever got closer to Blake's virtuosity than Ari as far as I'm aware.  That one will be on the must have list!

Offline ArthurBlake

• I laid him out cold, with his heels in a tub.
Re: Ari Eisinger's Blind Blake, Lonnie Johnson DVDs on the way
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:54:26 PM »
Hi all,
Some of you may have noted on the Stefan Grossman Woodshed recently that Ari went into the studio last week-end to film his long-awaited instructional DVDs on Blind Blake and Lonnie Johnson.  I queried Ari at his own website as to what Johnson and Blake tunes would be included on the DVDs and he responded with the following:

"I finished recording the Lonnie DVD last weekend and started the Blake. I'll be finishing the Blake soon. On the Lonnie DVDs I taught parts of:

-- I'm So Tired Of Living All Alone
-- Woke Up With The Blues In My Fingers
-- Uncle Ned Don't Use Your Head
-- To Do This You Got To Know How.

I also did three slow breaks myself in Lonnie style.

For the Blake, I plan to do Rope Stretching Blues, Baby Lou Blues, Southern Rag and one or two more."

For people who are comfortable learning from a DVD format, I can't imagine a better way to study the music of these two great players than with Ari Eisinger, a great player himself.  I don't believe any prospective release date has been set at this point, and it sounds as though there is some yet to do on the Blake DVD, but if you are interested you may want to keep your eyes peeled for the release of these DVDs.  If you'd like more info on Ari, you can visit his website at www.secondmind.com.
All best,
Johnm
I'm pleased to say that I have the Blake video, and I must say that great, is an understaement forr this amazing guitarist and teacher, in fact I doubt if there is a better teacher anywhere, needless to say I have great respect for the likes of John Miller, Ernie Hawkins,Woody Mann and co, but Ari is so good, how he works Blake out so precisely and manages to play it as if he owns it,,,, but I agree with Ari,........ no-one compares to Blake. It's a great video and I highly recommend it.
I met a woman she was a pigmeat some
Big fat mouth, I followed her home
She pulled a gun and broke my jaw
Didnt leave me hard on, I didnt get sore

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal