collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Just because those words were the ones that got to be on the record don't mean that it was the only ones that could fit there. We changed them songs around all the time. It don't matter what you want me to listen to right now. I probably never done it again that way anyhow! - Son House, responding when asked to decipher some lyrics from one of his records. Quoted in Woman With Guitar: Memphis Minnie's Blues by Paul and Beth Garon

Author Topic: Hillstomp  (Read 549 times)

Offline NotRevGDavis

• "Hat on a cabbage head- I've never seen before"
Hillstomp
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »
Henry and John are back together and on the road again. Check out their schedule at hillstomp.com. I know they aren't everyone's type of blues but if you're in to some altenative Mississippi Hill Country check these guys out. My first exposure was walking by one of the Coffee House venues at Friday Night Blues in '06 or '07, their groove drew me in and I stayed to watch them the entire night (some of you might remember them from the Weenie House later that night). Surprisingly enough it isn't very often we see musicians/instructors/performers from Centrum Blues in our area.
We will be at the the Crepe House gig in Santa Cruz CA. on Saturday Feb. 2nd, 2013. Hope to see some fellow Weenies.
Gary
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:54:46 AM by NotRevGDavis »
Got the name, still workin' on the licks!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal