collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I fold my arms and I begin to walk away. I say "That's alright sweet mama, your trouble gonna come someday" - Garfield Akers, Dough Roller Blues

Author Topic: Story of Paramount Records - Thirdman / Revenant Records  (Read 7747 times)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Story of Paramount Records-thirdman records
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »
Hello Stuart,can i ask you how have you manage to get those PDF's?
i'm trying :'(

Hi Rubin:

When the set was first announced, the files were readily available through embedded links on Third Man's info page. A couple of weeks later that all changed. I haven't tried to set up an account and log in, so I don't know if doing so would give you access. They may still be available if one has an account, but I just don't know if that's the case.

Offline jpeters609

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 11:07:46 AM »
I suspect the Third Man/Revenant brain trust may have realized that posting PDF's of the set's entire contents was tantamount to giving away the goods, at least as far as the printed materials are concerned. It wouldn't surprise me if those PDF's are gone for good. After all, there needs to be something for people to spend their hard-earned 400 bucks on, besides the flash drive and the box.
Jeff

Offline rubin lopez

• Howdy!
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 01:21:03 AM »
I suspect the Third Man/Revenant brain trust may have realized that posting PDF's of the set's entire contents was tantamount to giving away the goods, at least as far as the printed materials are concerned. It wouldn't surprise me if those PDF's are gone for good. After all, there needs to be something for people to spend their hard-earned 400 bucks on, besides the flash drive and the box.
I guess you are right,but after reading the credits(those who could)
are we sure the flash drive is full of mp3's or not?

Offline DanceGypsy

• Side Street Steppers
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 08:17:10 AM »
Sigh.  I am the exact kind of person who swoons and falls for this kind of a thing.  Bye-bye, four hundred bucks; my wife will be thrilled.  I'll let you all know if it was worth it at the end of the month.

By the way, Amazon has it available for pre-order for $474.54

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Fall-Paramount-Records-Volume/dp/B00FKMSN7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381937174&sr=8-1&keywords=THE+RISE+%26+FALL+OF+PARAMOUNT+RECORDS

It will be available at Third Man on October 29, then on Amazon and worldwide on November 19.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 08:28:27 AM by DanceGypsy »

Offline rubin lopez

• Howdy!
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 10:07:18 AM »
Bad news from the horses mouth:

I just received a mail from THIRD MAN RECORDS.
the digital files are MP3.

Offline rubin lopez

• Howdy!
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2013, 01:37:08 PM »
Hi all,
I looked at the track listing, and most of the stuff that i would most want to hear I already have elsewhere.  There is some Old-Time stuff that looks tantalizing, but not enough for me to justify purchasing it, especially since I am relatively less interested in the historical information on Paramount.
All best,
Johnm
HELLO Johnm,is it possible to post the track list?

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »
Attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rubin lopez

• Howdy!
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2013, 11:19:53 PM »

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2013, 04:00:50 AM »
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Chris A

Re: Revenant Records- Paramount Records Set
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 05:49:01 PM »
I received the set in the mail yesterday and I am still trying to catch my breath! It is beautiful and loaded with great music, even film clips.

-800 newly-remastered digital tracks on a forged metal USB drive shaped like a Victrola stylus
-200+ fully-restored original ads and images
-6 x 180g LPs w/ hand-engraved metal leaf center labels on burled chestnut vinyl
-Deluxe large-format hardcover art book: 250 pages, narrative with full-color plates
-Encyclopedia-style reference manual: 360 pages, field guide to artists & repertoire
-Handcrafted elements: rich woods, lush upholstery, and custom-forged metal hardware
-Track & Image App: First-of-its-kind music and image player app, allows user management of 800 tracks and 200+ original ads, housed on custom-made USB.

I took some photos and threw them together this evening, but they really don't do this set justice.

Offline Chris A

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 05:58:14 PM »
Bad news from the horses mouth:

I just received a mail from THIRD MAN RECORDS.
the digital files are MP3.

If you are familiar with Paramount's original audio quality, the fact that the files are MP3's should make no difference to you. I received my box yesterday and the quality is better or equal to any I have heard from original Paramount 78s or other reissues (remember the Riversides???)

Here's a montage I just made to give you a glimpse of this incredible set. That needle-holding diaphragm in the lower right corner is the USB stick:

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 05:58:34 PM »
Are we sure this is on Revenant? Looks uncannily like the Third Man set discussed here: http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9672.0

Could be a turf war?

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »
Revenant or Third Man? The collateral items look identical to me. Thread merge coming up I predict.

Offline Tom Rushen

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2013, 04:17:12 AM »
Are we sure this is on Revenant? Looks uncannily like the Third Man set discussed here: http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9672.0

Could be a turf war?

Not a turf war, it's the same set.

Revenant and Third Man are partners on this set.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Story of Paramount Records - Thirdman / Revenant Records
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »
Merged.

Tags: Paramount box 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal