collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Logically, when you talkin' about folk music and blues, you find out it's music of just plain people - Brownie McGhee

Author Topic: Unread Posts  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Unread Posts
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »
I have problems modifying a post as well.  Let me see what I can find out.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 06:01:38 AM »
I think Uncle Bud is right -- it is probably a cookie problem.  I'm going to reset the cookie name for the forum, which will require everyone to log back in.  If you've forgotten your password, email me your user name and the password you'd like to use.  :D

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 07:01:54 AM »
I was just told I couldn't access the Unread posts page and it asked for my Login and Password again.

Not a problem as I'm here now.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 07:06:13 AM »
Yes, if folks will log out and then log back in, I think that will take care of the problem.  You may have to logout out and in a few times.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 09:19:54 AM »
Well, resetting the forum cookie did not help a darn thing.   So back it goes to host support.

Offline alyoung

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 05:04:31 AM »
No change for me ... I still lose the "unread" list as soon as I try to go back to it, and the "read all unread posts" option also draws blank.
But ... a cumbersome workaround: log into Weenie and call up the unread posts list. Then open a new tab, log into Weenie again and use the search facility to call up the posts you want to look at. Clunky? Yep. Works? Yep.

Offline sustaireblues

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 06:37:49 AM »
I still can't get unread posts to work for me at all. Keeps saying no new posts since last visit. Then again, maybe there's just not anybody there.
I'm all alone!  :(

Joe

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 08:44:12 AM »
Still mysterious.

For another option for reading recent posts, you can click the link for View the Most Recent Posts on the Forum, located just above the Users Online section towards the bottom of your screen on the main Forum Index page.

Or you can click this link: http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&action=recent

This will give you the most recent posts all together on one page, and you can click through to the threads as you like. It doesn't track posts you've read of course, but it's a quick way to scan recent stuff.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:46:41 AM by uncle bud »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 10:00:15 AM »
Yup, I'm still exchanging emails on the problem.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 09:39:08 AM »
Strange problem, we're still looking at it.

The Unread Posts works correctly if you use the link "click here to try all unread topics" and then use the browsers back button, it works correctly.  The two forum commands are very similar.

So this works:
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&action=unread;all;start=0

This does not:
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&action=unread

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
I blame Alex. He started the thread.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »
I wasn't going to say anything, but... we may have to use the nation sack mojo hand on Alex.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »
Just tried to post and received the following message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@weeniecampbell.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 11:24:59 AM »
Reported to our host - thanks Stuart!

Offline alyoung

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »
So this works:
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&action=unread;all;start=0

No it doesn't ... well, not for me. This whole thing is getting weirder. I logged in last night and it worked just it did when I joined up -- I was able to to work my way thru the unread posts list by using the "back" button; today, clicking "back" tells me there are no new listings ... and neither of the alternatives Slack has suggested works. Back to the double login... 

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal